SASS Wire Forum

Tool Belt Successfully Dyed

The homemade vinegaroon worked after steeping for seven days in the dark.  The tool belt can hold up the holster, but it lacks cartridge loops obviously.  I also don't have a second matching holster.  However enough of you have cautioned me to wait first and see what I see at matches first.

I know it's not a big thing as likely dozens of you have far more advanced craft projects, but I'm proud of myself for at least trying this ^_^  Thoughts?  Should I see if I can get some scrap leather and add the loops myself?

0.jpg

Good Job, Lock~!   ^_^

Do you really need a cartridge loops?  Slides can be pretty inexpensive, and save yourself a bunch of work (and possible exasperation).

Check this:  12 Cartridge Slide

You really don’t need cartridgE loops.   Wait for a while and see if you agree or disagree. 

Cat Brules

As a leather maker, I would recommend that you would use a leather finish on your belt to help cut down on the "dye bleed" onto your clothes when you break a good sweat while competing.  I don't dye the backside of my unlined belts for that very reason.  I highly recommend either of the products that I have attached a link to below.

https://www.amazon.com/Tandy-Leather-Eco-Flo-Satin-2611-01/dp/B007O2NWES/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1SJURQMXSIKUP&dchild=1&keywords=tandy+leather+finish&qid=1590336860&sprefix=tandy+leather+fi%2Caps%2C169&sr=8-2

https://www.amazon.com/Fiebings-Tan-Kote-4-oz/dp/B003BCI6XC

PLUS ONE too the ABOVE GUYS.

Don't get in a big hurry for cartridge loops.  Two holsters with guns is quite heavy enough.  Loading the belt with loops looks the biz until you wear it all day.

If you really really really want to abuse yourself, wear double crossed cartridge belts (Curly Bill Brocious) with guns.  The had a fella with a Law Dawg persona with that rig.  After a match he was toast.

Good Job! :)

I actually prefer a pouch or small leather bag hung on my belt for backup and extra ammo. 

Archived