SASS Wire Forum

Genius.

Subdeacon Joe

People worried about tailgaters should be looking out of the windshield to see what's in front of them and not in the rear view mirror to see what's in back of them.

26 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

People worried about tailgaters should be looking out of the windshield to see what's in front of them and not in the rear view mirror to see what's in back of them.

When you are going the speed limit, or a little over, on Hwy 1 between Bodega Bay and Ft. Ross and some idjit is riding your tail too damned close to try to get you to go faster it is a concern.   Are they going to bump you if you have to brake suddenly for a bicycle?  Are they going to try to pass you on one of the many blind curves?  Or on one of the very short non-blind curves?  

360 degree awareness.

Allie,  in these parts we get tailgaters well above the speed limit.  :huh:

Often, I'll hit the emergency flashers for a couple of flashes, then off.  They'll usually fall back.

But this IS genius~!!  :lol:

O.k., so he uses the pipe wrench to step up on the bumper to then step up over the tail gait of the truck.

I guess the rest of the world is crazy cause most of them just lower the tail gate..... ;)

..........Widder

I just slow down for tailgaters, you can see them getting aggravated and then they pass you usually with a one finger salute! 

54 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

People worried about tailgaters should drive the speed limit (not 20 MPH below) or use the turnouts.

Some of the coast roads don't have turnouts.  Or most are in such poor condition that I won't risk my suspension on them.  

so he uses the pipe wrench to step up on the bumper 

And then lean over the tailgate to deal with something about his load.  Or to adjust something on the rack.

Saw something very similar only they tack welded an old pipe wrench on top of his step bumper. Like it had been laid on bumper and forgotten         GW

3 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I guess the rest of the world is crazy cause most of them just lower the tail gate

If you lower the tailgate, it blocks access to the step bumper. I guess if you are young and limber with strong legs you can step up that three and a half feet to the tailgate and step up into the truck.

Me, I have to step on the step part of the bumper, then onto the top part of the bumper, then I can step over the tailgate.

4 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

O.k., so he uses the pipe wrench to step up on the bumper to then step up over the tail gait of the truck.

I guess the rest of the world is crazy cause most of them just lower the tail gate..... ;)

..........Widder

This coming from the only person in East Tennessee that even HAS a tailgate!

:lol:

I knew my post would lure you out of the DQ.  

TN Williams real definition of tail gating is using his shopping cart to buttbump the woman in front of him at Walmart,

just to get her to turn around so he can check out her face.   Of course, then he says 'SCUSE ME'.

And often times, he'll say.....'I thought you were someone I know at Dairy Queen'.

..........Widder

I noticed the A truck yesterday with no tailgate. 

There was a bumper sticker on the back of the cab. I am going to edit, but it did not.

#F***TAILGATES

That seemed a little strange to me.

16 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

..........Widder

Your legs aren't all crippled, are they?

Given that my bumper is three feet high, this is really creative! Also!!  If all of your trailer hitch balls are the same thread, this could serve as a perfect wing nut for easy swaps when you need a different size hitch ball!!:lol:

3 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

:lol:

I knew my post would lure you out of the DQ.  

TN Williams real definition of tail gating is using his shopping cart to buttbump the woman in front of him at Walmart,

just to get her to turn around so he can check out her face.   Of course, then he says 'SCUSE ME'.

And often times, he'll say.....'I thought you were someone I know at Dairy Queen'.

..........Widder

I don't do that no more. Last time I did, it was to a fine looking lady in a less than respectable skirt length. By less than respectable, I mean it was a toss up whether it was considered a skirt or a belt. But LAWD when she turned around it looked like she fell out of an ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down! She was a 10 from behind and a negative 3 in front. It was so bad I almost hired a lawyer and sued her for false advertising!

1 hour ago, Tennessee williams said:

But LAWD when she turned around it looked like she fell out of an ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down! She was a 10 from behind and a negative 3 in front. It was so bad I almost hired a lawyer and sued her for false advertising!

I was making a delivery to a bar a few years ago. As I walked in, I saw a gal in a bikini across the bar. Kind of skinny, but still a bikini. Then she turned around. She had to have been in her 70s! :o

10 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

I was making a delivery to a bar a few years ago. As I walked in, I saw a gal in a bikini across the bar. Kind of skinny, but still a bikini. Then she turned around. She had to have been in her 70s! :o

ultra brain bleach.jpg

1 hour ago, Tennessee williams said:

I don't do that no more. Last time I did, it was to a fine looking lady in a less than respectable skirt length. By less than respectable, I mean it was a toss up whether it was considered a skirt or a belt. But LAWD when she turned around it looked like she fell out of an ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down! She was a 10 from behind and a negative 3 in front. It was so bad I almost hired a lawyer and sued her for false advertising!

Dang, TW~!  At least it was a gal!  :huh:

One of my frat bros dated a girl for like three weeks before he found out she wasn't.  :blink:

(San Francisco State College, 1970)  :rolleyes:

20 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

People that tailgate should be watching for wrenches and other things that might hit their cars.

I'm with Alpo on tail gates. Step on the low section, then the high section, one leg over( carefully), then the other leg. My hinged parts don't work like they used to, plus, the legs aren't as trustworthy/strong either anymore:rolleyes::blink::lol::blush:

When I rode my old motorcycle exclusively for transportation, I carried spark plugs in my pockets.

Amazing how quickly tailgaters would back off when one bounced across the hood of their car/truck.

Those who know me will tell you that if someone is tailgating me, they’re living dangerously in more ways than one!! :o :ph34r: :lol:

21 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

..........Widder

Why would one do that, Widder?

My beans would fall out. 

Pretty much could say that about anything.

"The ship is liable to sink if the weld doesn't hold."

The solution to that is to get someone that can weld. Not just someone that can stick two pieces of metal together.

I'm likely to get flamed for this, but let me qualify by saying in advance that when I say "most women" I mean most women I know.

So ~ It has been my observation that "most women" (again, those that I know) when driving are pretty much blind to things on the road surface - or even the road surface itself.  I couldn't count the times I'd spot something ahead and in some cases (like not on the freeway!) collect some nice tool, chain, part, and once even a brand new Citizen wrist watch that had survived a fall with only the tiniest scratch.  Or dodge a road hazard.

I also could not begin to count the times I've been a passenger, with a woman of my acquaintance driving, eyes focused straight ahead.  "Hey!  Did you see that [wrench, pliers, chain, rake, shovel, anvil] on the road back there?" I'd ask.

"Huh?  I didn't see anything!"

Good thing it wasn't a pothole.  She woulda hit it.

About '75 or so, a friend's wife once introduced me to a co-worker, "Sally,"  and invited us to dinner on a Friday night.  Sally drove, and picked me up for the trip to Alameda.

During dinner, Ellen said "Bill, my car keeps pulling to the right.  Can you have it repaired?"

Bill replied "Ellen!  I just had it aligned last week!  You really have to watch out for potholes and curbs and such!"

On the way home, Sally was incensed.  "How could Bill talk to Ellen that way?  That was SO UNCALLED for!  How RUDE!  He has no RIGHT to talk to her that way!  WHY did he do that???"

"Uh... 'cuz Ellen has a penchant for hitting potholes and curbs and such.  Bill has to have her car aligned about every two months... most folk can go for years..."

Should kept my mouth shut.  Sally then laid in on ME...

"You men are all alike!  You always stick up for each other!  That was just MEAN and RUDE of Bill... and now YOU are siding with HIM!!" and on and on.

The last was spewed as she pulled on to the freeway - Highway 17, in Oakland - and cut across four lanes to hit the only semi-truck induced pothole in at least ten miles.  And it was a BIG one.

I said not a word, as she drove her now wobbling car in silence and dropped me off at home in SF.

That may have been the last conversation we ever had.  :rolleyes:

As a side note, about 35 years later, I was in a car following Ellen on the freeway.  Her minivan was much too close to a truck in front of her, when suddenly, a pallet flew off the truck and she plowed right through it in a cloud of splinters.  Thank God no one was hurt... and I don't know if she had the presence of mind to not try and miss it and possibly lose control, or if she just didn't see it.  :mellow:

6 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

A body ain't ever gonna forget that kind of life experience, Pard. 

I had someone tailgating me as I was pulling some livestock.   Well some of the bovines emptied their urinary tract and commenced to "mist" the ugly car that was just too close.  Unaware, I kept driving  and when I pulled into a gas station, this moron was wanting to prove his excessive testosterone and of all things, wanted to fight.  I laughed and told him to just go away and he was lucky one of them didn't share the organic guacamole that they store just south of  their tails.    I was very glad I could provide a small tidbit of bovine education.  Probably didn't hurt that I was about 10 inches taller than him... God bless all cowboys, cowgirls too! 

Archived