SASS Wire Forum

Expert Says U.S. is on the Brink of “Mass Civil Unrest”

Charlie T Waite

210420protest.jpg

In reply to these "experts",   YA' THINK???

From the article:

“There is that part of the US political psyche that takes rights to a complete extreme,” said Brown, adding that “mass civil unrest” is an ever present possibility due to Americans sharing a “deep independent streak that believes the government is a nice-to-have not a must-have.”

Maybe Brown (an Australian) believes government is a must-have and rights are a nice-to-have?

As long as there's a game on the telly and beer in the fridge, nope.

Meaning, unless things were to go way off kilter, Americans are quite content to exercise their First Amendment rights....peacefully. Unless the government was to do something stupid like.....Tianamen Square. 

You can see that all across the Country, some Americans have little trouble seeing through the media's (and certain politicians) false narratives. Most are simply going to do what they want to do. Quiet non-compliance. Its growing, and its real. Should those States try this lockdown BS later, down the road, I doubt people would be aggreeable to that. But what this article alludes to? No. In fact, I believe this article is simply more of what I've been seeing; hyperbole designed to rile people up, create a problem where their is none to give the "government" and excuse to act when that problem manifests itself. Americans are smarter than that. But make no mistake, should the government be so foolish as to believe Americans "never".....LOL. They will only be pushed so far.

They are willing, it would appear to do all sorts of things I once thought unimagineable....for safety. Greater good? Keeping those most vulnerable among us safe? Sure. They will do all sorts of things IF they believe its necessary and reasonable. Here we are three months later and we now know the "lockdown" only did one thing; keep the health care system viable. It didn't reduce the number or control the spread. It just spread those inevitable cases out over a longer period. It did nothing else and the data from States that locked down heavily and didn't do anything shows quite clearly those efforts did little. Masks, sanitary proceedured, keeping distance, all are far more effective. Numbers are down all across the country and we are on our way out of this. Of course some politicians/people will try to make a second wave happen oh, around November I should think LOL.

6 minutes ago, Dubious Don #56333 said:

Here we are three months later and we now know the "lockdown" only did one thing; keep the health care system viable. It didn't reduce the number or control the spread. It just spread those inevitable cases out over a longer period.

... some politicians/people will try to make a second wave happen oh, around November I should think LOL.

That (bolded) is what it was supposed to do. And using the flu as a proxy for this new virus, it worked.

As to a second wave, we will see it (whatever it is) running by the 4th of July. Hotels in the great Smoky Mountains are fully booked. The amusement businesses (coasters, go-carts, etc.) are doing pretty good business. Restaurants are running at 1/2 capacity but are open. Lots of traffic on the roads. So allow a week for incubation and first symptoms, and two more for bad cases to show up at medical centers... Or not... But we will know by the 4th of July.

It seems there is more concern about this in certain coastal areas and blue states

That concern will increase (and be too late) when FL and TX flip to Blue.
At that time the GOP will never have enough Electoral College votes to seat a president.
Ron Gillum and Beto the Fake Mexican in TX are proof how close this already is.

experts?

Were these experts not watching the news when Baltimore decided that it was best to let protesters vent their energy?

Some of these experts must have been at the library doing research when St Louis erupted AGAIN in 2017.

These same experts must have been playing dungeons and dragons instead of watching the news when UC Berkley rioted because free speech doesn't apply to people Milo Yiannopoulos.

Oakland - Ferguson - Chicago - maybe they forgot about the idiot driving his car through a "peaceful" protest.

I mean, seriously - what is the author thinking...

“mass civil unrest” is an ever present possibility due to Americans sharing a “deep independent streak that believes the government is a nice-to-have not a must-have.”

...does the Unites States Studies Centre have access to any history books?   They should read about the 1770's to get a better feel for that curiously inconvenient "independent streak" that we Americans seem to be cursed with.

They should also check out the cautionary tale that WAS the 1860's.

Mr Brown clearly doesnt understand the essence of American freedoms...

Brown said he had friends on Capitol Hill who were very worried about mass social disorder and a “gun battle on the streets.”

...that is one of the happiest anecdotes that has come out of DC in a coon's age.    A government SHOULD be afraid of their citizens.  A government that doesn't fear the populace isn't governing - the are RULING - and I don't think enough Americans understand that.  Clearly Mr Browns friends on Capitol Hill aren't up to speed on their Civics. 

It doesnt help that the author used to pen conspiracy bits for InfoWars before he introduced his crazy to Summit News. 

I'm just amazed that it took the experts at the Unites States Studies Centre to forecast that something might be brewing.

A few circus monkeys could have figured that out while throwing their poo at bystanders.

Archived