SASS Wire Forum

My PROFILE from what?

About once a week, I get a text message from somebody telling me that they saw my 'Profile' and how

much WE may have in common.   They attach 'pictures' of which I NEVER open.

And also tell me that I should meet up with them, etc.........

Now, the ONLY place that list my 'Profile' is the SASS wire.   Where do these people get our profiles that make

them think we want to 'hook up' with them?

I know it ain't my financial profile or my medical profile.    Looking at both of those, folks would never want to

hook up with me.

Do Y'all get the same junk?

..........Widder

Yup. Usually in my spam folder.

Which also happens to be the only spam I don't like.

Well except for that teriyaki spam. It's pretty nasty.

1 minute ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

Every day. It is always addressed to Prancing Stud Pony. :wacko:

So now WE all know who the Prancing Stud Pony is.  :lol:

..........Widder

21 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

No. I need to clean out my mailbox. After reading this I'm no longer procrastinating. I'm just not in a hurry.

Allie,

I establish a motto long time ago that I strive to live by:

"why procrastinate today when you can wait till tomorrow and start procrastinating".

..........Widder

Widder, I have gotten those. I always treat them like Spam. I also get invitations to join “singles” websites because someone saw my post or profile and thinks I am “attractive and interesting”.  I also get notifications that there are problems with accounts with companies I have no accounts with. 

It’s terminology just to get you to click on a link or photo so they can data-mine your computer or download viruses or Trojan horses. 

I am always skeptical. One email almost got me last week though. It was an email telling me someone that there was a problem with my Amazon account and I needed to sign in to fix it. The link appeared legit but something told me to leave it. I opened my Amazon account to check and there was nothing wrong. It was a scam to get my Amazon info. I sent the email to Amazon’s fraud dept. 

21 minutes ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

that's my favorite.  fry till almost completely dry and love the crunch.

Well, see? You should be thanking me for not cutting into your supply. 

:D

4 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Widder, I have gotten those. I always treat them like Spam. I also get invitations to join “singles” websites because someone saw my post or profile and thinks I am “attractive and interesting”.  I also get notifications that there are problems with accounts with companies I have no accounts with. 

It’s terminology just to get you to click on a link or photo so they can data-mine your computer or download viruses or Trojan horses. 

I am always skeptical. One email almost got me last week though. It was an email telling me someone that there was a problem with my Amazon account and I needed to sign in to fix it. The link appeared legit but something told me to leave it. I opened my Amazon account to check and there was nothing wrong. It was a scam to get my Amazon info. I sent the email to Amazon’s fraud dept. 

BTDT!

Archived