SASS Wire Forum

Patron Saint of handgunners?

St. Paul is the patron of Swordsmen. St. Sebastian is the patron of archers so why not a patron of shooters?

21 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

St. Paul is the patron of Swordsmen. St. Sebastian is the patron of archers so why not a patron of shooters?

Because the Catholic CHURCH IS ANTI-GUN!

1 hour ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

St. Barbara is the patron saint for artillerymen.

Maybe handguns aren't big enough.

:ph34r:

Maybe because it's military related? The church is not anti-military, well....Maybe this current pope is??

She was from the 4th century also. It lists her as patron saint of miners, armourers and people who handled expolosives.

St, Gabriel Possente was in the 1860's and associated only with a handgun. Maybe that's why they don't recognize him??

46 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

4th century. 

You're right....My bad!

I'm sure this is wrong, and possibly blasphemous, but it seems to me that the patron saint of self-defense should have lived longer than 24 years.

Not Jim Cirillo?

Not Bill Jordan?

Who then?

Elmer Keith?

Bill Tilghman?

Frank Hamer?

:D

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

I'm sure this is wrong, and possibly blasphemous, but it seems to me that the patron saint of self-defense should have lived longer than 24 years.

Out of curiosity,  why?  Why should age matter?  He defended a village with one shot, killing a running lizard.  Then forced the marauders to put out the fires they had started, return the goods they had stolen,  and leave.

He died in bed of tuberculosis. 

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

Like Joe said, he died of tuberculosis, so did Doc Holiday at 36. TB was a killer back then, no cure at all! 

5 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Like Joe said, he died of tuberculosis, so did Doc Holiday at 36. TB was a killer back then, no cure at all! 

So they died of complications due to Covid-19, too?

13 minutes ago, Hendo said:

So they died of complications due to Covid-19, too?

I think it was Covid-1

1 minute ago, Raylan said:

Wait a minute - I thought St John Moses Browning was the patron saint of firearms.

Maybe we need a whole posse of Handgun Saints?

There is a patron saint of drug dealers, but handgunners are bad.  Ok.

Reason # 8,962,132 why I'm a protestant.  

Not to mention the entire concept of a "saint" isn't found anywhere in the bible and is a leftover from the official Roman pagan religion before the emperor Constantine decided to become a Christian and make it the official religion of Rome...

1 hour ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

There is a patron saint of drug dealers, but handgunners are bad.  Ok.

Reason # 8,962,132 why I'm a protestant.  

Not to mention the entire concept of a "saint" isn't found anywhere in the bible and is a leftover from the official Roman pagan religion before the emperor Constantine decided to become a Christian and make it the official religion of Rome...

I didn't want to get into a religious argument, I just thought it was an interesting article about a guy that saved a town with a couple of handguns.

Archived