SASS Wire Forum

SASS lost revenue

How many active SASS members have we hashed out there are? 20-30K or so?

If every one of us would make a small $5 donation to SASS HQ, I'm sure that would solve some problems.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/21/2020 at 2:51 PM, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

I wonder how much revenue SASS will loose this year from all the match cancellations, and folks making tough decisions like pay membership or bills. 

Same thing for small clubs that have to support themselves.  Between payment to the landowner, insurance, maintenance and upkeep, it's tough to keep up. This year we had a flood with over 6' of water, ruined the timers, weedeater, and everything else in the target sheds. Then we have the Coronavirus. No shooting no income the rent goes on

Trickle up/trickle down. How about we support our local clubs. And then the local clubs can decide how to support SASS. If I give SASS an extra $5, $10, $20 or whatever, how does this keep the local clubs solvent? What good is SASS if there are no local clubs to shoot at? 

Oh, and for those that want to see what an actual historical unicorn looks like...

rino.jpg.6d78c2fe7e9f9ea5fd69fdc6236978b7.jpg

On 5/24/2020 at 9:22 AM, Dantankerous said:

If every one of us would make a small $5 donation to SASS HQ, I'm sure that would solve some problems.

That's the theory governments use to increase taxes...it's only...it all adds up.  Sooner or later there is no more "It's only" availble and life support ends.

Since SASS remains a closed corporation, we have absolutely no knowledge of its membership and finances.

It's time to "bite the bullet" and transition to a fully open non stock and not profit membership corporation.

8 hours ago, Mud Marine,SASS#54686 Life said:

Since SASS remains a closed corporation, we have absolutely no knowledge of its membership and finances.

It's time to "bite the bullet" and transition to a fully open non stock and not profit membership corporation.

And there's the reason why members won't pony up $10.

On 5/24/2020 at 8:22 AM, Dantankerous said:

A couple years ago, I spent a PM to HQ asking how many dues paying members we had. Never did get a reply. Must be busy, but I'm sure I'l get an answer any day now.

13 hours ago, Matthew Duncan said:

That's the theory governments use to increase taxes...it's only...it all adds up.  Sooner or later there is no more "It's only" availble and life support ends.

I’m going to be a governor who works for all Illinoisans

Illinois is my home. This is where I’ve raised my family, where I built a business and where I’ve created programs to improve the lives of people across the state.

Now, I am going to proudly lead Illinois forward. The past four years created real damage for our state, but I have plans to put Illinois back on the side of working families. 

No, really, I do. Come on guys, I'm serious. Why are you laughing?

19 minutes ago, Marshal Chance Morgun said:

A couple years ago, I spent a PM to HQ asking how many dues paying members we had. Never did get a reply. Must be busy, but I'm sure I'l get an answer any day now.

Curious...what makes you think that you're entitled to this information?

Phantom...can't believe I'm posting...

I think it's time we all stood together in these tough times.

After all, if SASS collapses I think that's a lot more to lose than a few bucks for membership and other things.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going, come on guys, we gotta win this.

Stay safe and have a Corona...or something similar.:lol:

And if you think it's tough there, you wanna see what's it's  like in this tyrannical part of the world.??:unsure::angry:

SASS has done so much for my life and of the kids.  I have taken a break and will shoot in a match SAT. and SUN.  SASS is  L a passion for many shooters.  I do not see and huge exite.  I have always felt SASS has taken care of me.  Discounts, Scholarships and a damn good many rolemodels. Lets keep it rolling.  It si a great organizaion willing to work hundreds of hours for youf shooting please.  Support SASS

Like Kirk James SASS has given me more than I could ever give back. The friends I have made would be worth everything I have given to SASS. If needed I would be glad to donate money to help keep the organization going if an appeal goes out. I would give with no strings attached. SASS is a privately held company that is a polarizing point for a sport I love. I support SASS.

If you have not taken a financial hit during the pandemic, you are a fortunate person.  All of us have seen or experienced the struggle.  Living in a tourist based town, the level of unemployment is not quite what the local government reports, I believe it is considerably higher.  I had 144 college students in the spring semester, about 1/3rd lost their job.    Many had to break their lease and move back home.  I cannot imagine the hit that has been taken by SASS or any other sporting-recreation venue.  Things in AZ have started up again, but AZ is ahead of many places.  I can only recommend that we stay strong and continue to invest in what ever sport we believe in.  I am optimistic that we will bounce back.  Now take a young person shooting, it is our future.

22 minutes ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

Larson, thats a total of all members, not dues paying members. Life members don't pay anything! And it's 4 years old?

Ike

Life members don't pay anything!"

Point me to one of those free life memberships, would ya? :P

I appreciate the product, and continue to be willing to pay the price.

LL

2 hours ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

Larson, thats a total of all members, not dues paying members. Life members don't pay anything! And it's 4 years old?

Ike

That's a total of U.S.A. members at the time.

<_<

55 minutes ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

PaleWolf, I was just trying to make the point that the total shown was not the number for dues paying members. Only SASS knows that.

Ike

My point is that the 2016 U.S. Regional map (with total member numbers) fails to include the SASS members in Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, & South Africa.

SASS Affiliated Clubs

On 5/27/2020 at 9:34 PM, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Curious...what makes you think that you're entitled to this information?

Phantom...can't believe I'm posting...

Just curious, They use to proudly post the numbers.

On 5/21/2020 at 12:11 PM, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Agree, very sad indeed.  Been considering pulling some safe queens out for sale myself.  

Yep... I've got a few things that I will never ever use again. Not sure what to even do with some them.  When I moved out of the mountains I cut my collection down by over 50%, now, with no convenient place to shoot, I don't need many guns.  

10 hours ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

My point is that the 2016 U.S. Regional map (with total member numbers) fails to include the SASS members in Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, & South Africa.

SASS Affiliated Clubs

I think there are not many more than 1.000 members outside of the United States.

18 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

I know of at least 2.0000000 members outside of the U.S.

Well there you go. Wrong again... at least 2 implies that there is 3 or more. just come out with it. I see no reason to dance around it. There are 3 members outside of the US...... at least.

Snakebite

8 minutes ago, Snakebite said:

Well there you go. Wrong again... at least 2 implies that there is 3 or more. just come out with it. I see no reason to dance around it. There are 3 members outside of the US...... at least.

Snakebite

Now you've implied that there are 4 or more...

Heck I know of at least 5 that post on this here Wire...

On 5/28/2020 at 12:38 AM, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

I think it's time we all stood together in these tough times.

After all, if SASS collapses I think that's a lot more to lose than a few bucks for membership and other things.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going, come on guys, we gotta win this.

Stay safe and have a Corona...or something similar.:lol:

Sorry, it just popped into my head, I couldn't help myself...

1 hour ago, Dutch Wheeler said:

Sorry, it just popped into my head, I couldn't help myself...

Better watch yourself there, Doc.

On May 28, 2020 at 11:08 PM, Marshal Chance Morgun said:

Just curious, They use to proudly post the numbers.

Advertising gimmick.  When your business is booming or your product is number one you brag to all.  When you're not you say just as good as or brag about your newly redesigned packaging. 

Sadly, SASS has not learned to be open about its affairs. It is long past the time for it to be a non stock and not for profit corporation with full and complete disclosure.

It is nearly impossible to not be blindsided by an adverse report that arises from a fog of no information.  :angry:

Archived