SASS Wire Forum

SASS lost revenue

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

I wonder how much revenue SASS will loose this year from all the match cancellations, and folks making tough decisions like pay membership or bills. 

They can always increase annual dues to offset the loss. Shooters will understand.

4 minutes ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

Just looking at the SASS Classifieds guys are selling anything and everything for a few extra bucks. I’ve cleaned up a bunch of brass and other stuff that’s just been laying around. 

Agree, very sad indeed.  Been considering pulling some safe queens out for sale myself.  

I wonder how much revenue SASS will loose this year from all the match cancellations, and folks making tough decisions like pay membership or bills. 

John, SASS being a private corporation - members will never know unless the profit & loss statement is made public.  And am sure SASS is in the same boat with many members that are unemployed

2 minutes ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Agree, very sad indeed.  Been considering pulling some safe queens out for sale myself.  

You selling those spare Freedom 97's?

43 minutes ago, Assassin said:

They can always increase annual dues to offset the loss. Shooters will understand.

42cm9j.jpg.2307b82e011aa81a2d3d7e24b597ba7a.jpg

10 minutes ago, Assassin said:

You selling those spare Freedom 97's?

Funny you ask...,.NO.  You should appreciate the story though.

A few years go I decided I might try out some NMV, mostly due to their lack of flat hammer springs and popularity.  Friend Jimmy Spur knew about it and while not fond of short stroking Rugers knew that was my desire with my short thumbs.  He built me a set with about every "race" trick he had (jeweling, Dolley Gang grips, Belt Mountain pins, etc) including Bisley hammers.  So nice, but I just could not shoot them as fast as my FAs.  Truth is, doubt I put 100 rounds thru each of them but gave up on trying while at same time  wanting to stay competitive with FAs.

Well, if that was not enough.  Around the same time I had opportunity to get another pair of NMV in trade deal.  These have now had Snake Oil George's ultra short stroke and lowered SBH hammers, some of Boomstick Belle's bead blasting and jeweling, Belt Mountain pins, & more.  These overused also with about same amount of rounds thru them as Jimmy's.

I hate to part with most any guns, but at my age sometimes I just have to understand to stick with what works.  O, and I had a chance to buy another set of FAs for excellent price.  (Yea, FA poor.) 

Founders Ranch where EOT is held is resuming operations.  There will be a Wild Bunch match on Saturday.   The shotgun ranges are open with limitations.  Resuming shooting at the ranch will help keep it solvent.  (I really miss not shooting EOT this year.)

Yep, this is a crap sandwich and most everyone will have to take a bite. Some will have to take a big bite, some will have to take a little bite, and some will pass it on to others to take their bite for them.

"Shooters will understand". Like when SASS stopped monthly printed Chronicals. Like member demanding to see a profit and loss report because the Founders are getting rich off of us. Like membership fees ar etoo high and wha am I getting for my money. Sure and unicorns will be sold on the SASS Classified site.

Ike

The last great "Squeeze" resulted in the loss of about 1/3 of the then active SASS members.  Once the recession was over and folks went back to work, they just didn't come back out to play.  Sad really.

11 minutes ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

"Shooters will understand". Like when SASS stopped monthly printed Chronicals. Like member demanding to see a profit and loss report because the Founders are getting rich off of us. Like membership fees ar etoo high and wha am I getting for my money. Sure and unicorns will be sold on the SASS Classified site.

Ike

So, you're saying the shooters won't understand! I'm confused, I had the impression that all SASS members had lots of money, $20-$30 more bucks for annual dues is nothing. 

Yeah, well I’m still here, anyway.  And, while that may be akin to pouring a glass of water into the ocean, I’m not perching my ass on the fence, waiting for the old fly-covered horse to collapse.

I sure hate to consider what might happen with “The Edgewood Gang” (Misty, Amber, Angela, et al.), there in New Mexico 87015, if losses escalate and matters become extremely serious.

My membership is up this coming mid-December, but I’m calling SASS to renew for 2021 now.  It ain’t much, but everything helps.

Cat Brules

27 minutes ago, Assassin said:

So, you're saying the shooters won't understand! I'm confused, I had the impression that all SASS members had lots of money, $20-$30 more bucks for annual dues is nothing. 

I've seen low-income SASS shooters whose dedication to the sport exceeds mine.  We have a retiree who plucks spent bullets out of the back of a berm and recasts them for future matches.  People camp in canvas tents at EOT in 100-degree weather when air-conditioned motels room are available for $50 a night.  I've also seen a family of seven cram into a small passenger van with all their carts and guns and travel to out-of-state matches.  I'd hate to see such people priced out of the sport.

This elderly retired investment banker is no now and never has been afraid of full and complete financial disclosure. This is absolutely required, IMHO, of SASS. The membership needs to be proactve i order to keep our sport alive. We have been blindsided and are purely reactive.

I paid for extra support for SASS with Life Membership, Hall of Fame,  Founders Ranch, Museum, etc. Many of us have stepped up to the plate for our organization.

Now the time is ripe to become a NSNFP corporation so we can keep our Edgewood staff.

Lots of businesses will probably never come back. SASS will survive I’m sure! Too many loyal members.;)

23 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Lots of businesses will probably never come back. SASS will survive I’m sure! Too many loyal members.;)

I agree with RYE.

Sure, SASS has been bruised financially..... and some clubs that sponsor State matches have been hurt because expected revenue 

was thwarted.

Summer months will blossom again.   We've ALL been adversely effected.   I'm just glad many of us were not infected!

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I'm just glad many of us were not infected!

..........Widder

You're gonna have a hard time convincing me that many weren't. 

Just sayin....

We polyannas simply must keep our heads firmly buried in the sand.   :D

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

You're gonna have a hard time convincing me that many weren't. 

Just sayin....

I won't try to convince you.  Actually, its possible WE ALL have been infected.

Based on all the controversial reports, rumors, 'facts', etc..... that have been shared with us thru numerous

news agencies and 'official news briefings',  there's a possibility that:

1.  C19 don't really exist

2. C19 only effects those over 65

3. C19 only effects those in nursing homes

4. C19 only effects to living in New York

5. C19 has infected Everyone

6. Less than 1/2 of those who died of C19 actually died of a previous existing condition and C19 got the blame for it..... because it was

financially beneficial for somebody.

7.  C19 has been with us for a few years but global conditions and one of the political parties unleashed it for personal gains.

..........Widder

33 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I won't try to convince you.  Actually, its possible WE ALL have been infected.

Based on all the controversial reports, rumors, 'facts', etc..... that have been shared with us thru numerous

news agencies and 'official news briefings',  there's a possibility that:

1.  C19 don't really exist

2. C19 only effects those over 65

3. C19 only effects those in nursing homes

4. C19 only effects to living in New York

5. C19 has infected Everyone

6. Less than 1/2 of those who died of C19 actually died of a previous existing condition and C19 got the blame for it..... because it was

financially beneficial for somebody.

7.  C19 has been with us for a few years but global conditions and one of the political parties unleashed it for personal gains.

..........Widder

Ya forgot...

It's not airborne.

It's airborne.

It can last for days on objects.

It won't last for an hour on exposed objects.

It has more symptoms than a bottle of Dr. Snarks Snake Oil can cure.

Every week there's a report from the CDC saying C-19 has a half dozen more symptoms.

Flattening the curve was about preventing overloading hospitals and resources all at one time, Not about a cure.

Now you can't reopen until there's a vaccine, a cure, or the infection rates go down even though we are doing a thousand times the testing than we were at first which makes the rates seem to be going higher.

Just sayin.....

"...Flattening the curve was about preventing overloading hospitals and resources all at one time, Not about a cure...."

that was my understanding , no cure , no prevention , just flatten the curve , much as all the others in the past , that we did not overreact to , just a delay in the number needing hospitalization , all the BS over masks and such will never prevent or cure , it will run its coarse , but there will be those that take political stance/advantage of all this fear and hype , testing and false reporting of cause of death are feeding it , lets cure cancer - just sayin , 

i believe SASS will survive , i believe that over 50% of the small business or more will not , i think its criminal they are being bankrupted and have no recourse , 

Well, my wife & I are both retired and on a fixed income with the bulk of our income from SSI. We're actually saving money during the shutdown due to no dining out & less driving our cars. I'm pro-life, pro-2nd A & pro-SASS. I appreciate SASS & the Wild Bunch believing they make necessary adjustments to keep CAS alive & well. C19 is what it is and we all enjoy the freedom to respond as we see fit. May God bless us.

People will always come and go. SASS will keep on. Some will leave SASS because of the changes coming, some stay, some new ones will show. Tough times will always come, good times are always there. SASS will stay.

life member for years now , not giving up till someone says we have to start over - then im in for the rebuild , this will pass , one day we will look back at all these political manipulations and wonder why we fell for it , this is not the first nor the last disease and it cannot become the "new normal" in our lives anymore than obamas economy being the "new norm" for US jobs was , it just isnt so , we will persevere , we will survive and we will rise above this stronger 

Maybe they can auction off the EOT buckles that have already bought and stamped with 2020 in them. It Its about the only chance of getting one that I will ever have. Kind of like a few speed matches I have been in. You know, I won it and I bought it. 2020 would be the I bought it year. :D

"... Sure and unicorns will be sold on the SASS Classified site...."

OK , my daughter [shes 35] and 5 year old grandaughter are in for a unicorn , gramps has to pay for them so please be reasonable on the shipping , 

1 hour ago, watab kid said:

"... Sure and unicorns will be sold on the SASS Classified site...."

OK , my daughter [shes 35] and 5 year old grandaughter are in for a unicorn , gramps has to pay for them so please be reasonable on the shipping , 

I thought unicorns had wings(?)!  Can’t they just fly to their new homes?
I have two here at my place.  I send them flying into town once or twice a week on errands.  They’re quick, so I’ve only had two complaints about turd bombings.  I think though, I’ve gotten them trained now to not circle back for another run if they miss.

Cat Brutes

Archived