SASS Wire Forum

UB Mountain has passed ...

Dead_Head

'U B Mountain' also known as Tom Lovett passed away last week.  He was a member of the Hurricane Valley Rangers of Falmouth, ME and was the father of 'Jake Mountain' and 'Lilly-Kaye Mountain', husband of 'Ellie Mae Mountain', brother of 'S F Mountain' and grandfather of 'Kid Mountain'.

He will be missed.  

Born on September, 18, 1938 in Portland, Maine to George Rowell Lovett and Helen (Thomas) Lovett. He attended school in Falmouth through 7th grade, then transferred to Cardigan Mountain School in Lebanon, NH and graduated High School from Deering, Portland, Maine. He also attended Burdett College in Boston, MA Tom lived with his family in Falmouth Foreside, Maine until his marriage to Barbara Jacobs in October, 1965. They started their married life in Cumberland Ctr., ME, and in 1968 they, together with his brother Bill and his wife Linda, bought Hatchers Motel and Steak House in Naples, ME which they operated until 1973. They moved back to Falmouth, ME that year to care for his widowed mother. His work history included several years at DiElectric Communications in Raymond, ME, and sales reps for The Fuller Brush Company, Lynch Paint Company, and the Exxon Gas station in Falmouth, ME. He was active in Boy Scout Troop #34 for many years, and for 30 years was an active baseball umpire for the Little League, the High School level, and Babe Ruth. He received the Umpire of the Year award in 1984. He was a lifetime participant in competitive pistol shooting, both bullseye, international, and black powder shooting. In his later years, he was active in SASS western shooting, and a member of the Hurricane Valley Rangers. He was an endowment member of the NRA, a lifetime member of USRA, and the Pine Tree Rifle and Pistol Assoc. He was a 40-year member of Casco Lodge #36, AF & AM, a 40-year member of Cumberland, Mt. Vernon Chapter #1, R.A.M., holding the position of High Priest in 1979. He was Grand Principal Sojourner in the Grand Royal Arch Chapter of ME 2000-2001, and Grand Sentinel of the Grand Royal Arch Chapter of ME from 2001-2003. He was for many years active in the Red Cross, and in this capacity drove trucks to deliver supplies to families in need, or any other occasion that arose. During Hurricane Andrew in 1992, he spent three weeks volunteering in Homestead, Florida. He married Elaine Mary Soldaitis in July of 2005. They lived in West Falmouth where he continued to live until his death. Tom is survived by his son, Christopher Thomas Lovett of NC, his daughter, Kimberly Lovett of Cumberland Ctr., Maine, his brother William F. Lovett of Falmouth, ME, two nieces, Danielle Lovett Fleury of Boca Raton, FL, and Megan Lovett Diou of Falmouth, ME, and several cousins.

UBMountain400.jpg

UB_jug.jpg

Condolences & Prayers heading up for his family and friends. RIP Pard.

Eyesa & Ellie

UB Mountain RIP pilgrim. Thoughts & prayers out there for all of family.

Jackrabbit Joe & Sly puppy

Heartfelt condolences to the entire Mountain family!!

Rest in peace cowboy. Prayers for the family.

I added his obituary.

Archived