SASS Wire Forum

Beretta 92: Langdon modified

Do any of you Wire Pards own (or have handled) the Beretta 92

that has been spiced up by Langdon Tactical Tech (LTT) ?

I'm not talking about an LTT from Beretta but a Beretta that has been thru the LTT shop for their special touch.

Thanks

..........Widder

I have not personally handled one but I did call Langdon Tactical and spoke with Ernest. He did say that while the guns from Beretta are pretty good guns the ones that come directly from him will have a higher level of QC because he won't let anything out to the customer with his name on it that has come through his shop with anything wrong with it at all.  He also does some customization work that the factory does not offer. Included would be the Langdon trigger job and the NP3 finish they do to the guns that get the full meal deal.

I've been looking at the Beretta 92 series for over a year and a pretty much concluded were I to buy one I would buy one directly from Langdon Tactical. And hope to sometime within the next year. Something very rewarding going back to steel pistols over polymer guns.

I have handled several Wilson Combat 92s and while they are incredibly nice I have heard and read over and over from people with experience with both that the Langdon beats the Wilson.

If money allowed, I'd love to own one, that's all I can say. Being a Beretta fan and also owning a PX4 Storm, I'd love to own one of their Compact Carry pistols as well.

Thanks Dan and Doc.

A friend and I are thinking about getting some of these (4).

He's thinking about getting the full size, compact size and Centurion.

All I would like to get is the Carry size, all directly from LTT with their special work.

Of course, if I get one, I will post how it functions, etc.......

..........Widder

My Beretta 92 (US Military version called the M9) came from the factory (Italy) with what looks like this NP3 finish, which has a look of brushed nickel.

Cat Brules

59 minutes ago, Cat Brules said:

My Beretta 92 (US Military version called the M9) came from the factory (Italy) with what looks like this NP3 finish, which has a look of brushed nickel.

Cat Brules

Would that be an Inox?

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/92-fs-inox/

The 92 doesn’t fit my hand right. 

15 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

The 92 doesn’t fit my hand right. 

Out of curiosity, have you handled the M9A3 with the smaller grip?

1 minute ago, DocWard said:

No. I’ll see if I can find one after the apocalypse.

I have handled the M9A3 and I can tell a difference.   I put a Wilson slim grip on a normal m92 and it fits my hand better as well as my sons.  The M9A3 was more thin than that.  I didn't buy it though as I like the M92 now.

1 hour ago, DocWard said:

The M9A3 and the 92x models both have the smaller grip. By smaller, it has a flat backstrap. Beretta calls it their Vertec frame.

The 92x is a flat Vertec backstrap but also comes with a more traditional rounded grip if the user wants a different feel.

Vertec on right.

proxy-image(4).jpg

50 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

The M9A3 and the 92x models both have the smaller grip. By smaller, it has a flat backstrap. Beretta calls it their Vertec frame.

The 92x is a flat Vertec backstrap but also comes with a more traditional rounded grip if the user wants a different feel.

Vertec on right.

proxy-image(4).jpg

Yes, thanks for elaborating. I didn't have the time to get really in depth on it.

I have played with both recently and I certainly noticed a difference with the flat back strap/Vertec. The idea behind Beretta's decision to add this to their pistol line was for shooters with smaller hands or for shooters who prefer the 1911 traditional feel. I have larger hands and attest that this straighter back strap feels quite good.

Oh, BTW ...

Langdon is offering the 92x models with his awesome trigger job now.

;)

47 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

I have played with both recently and I certainly noticed a difference with the flat back strap/Vertec. The idea behind Beretta's decision to add this to their pistol line was for shooters with smaller hands or for shooters who prefer the 1911 traditional feel. I have larger hands and attest that this straighter back strap feels quite good.

I've handled them, but haven't tried actually shooting one. I enjoy my M9 immensely, though, so I would love to give it a try.

14 minutes ago, DocWard said:

I've handled them, but haven't tried actually shooting one. I enjoy my M9 immensely, though, so I would love to give it a try.

Both Wilson and LTT are making awesomeness happen with Berettas these days.

2 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

Vertec on right.

proxy-image(4).jpg

I'm not casting asparagus on anyone but the gun on the right seems to resemble a Browning.  Just an observation, I'll go away now.

Yes, they do keep making them better so many improvements that they are almost as good as a 1911.

5 hours ago, Finagler 6853 Life said:

I'm not casting asparagus on anyone but the gun on the right seems to resemble a Browning.  Just an observation, I'll go away now.

I suppose at a glance the silhouette does, but the open slide is the dead giveaway it's a Beretta.

The LTT Berettas are all over GB now. They come from the factory. (I've seen some LTTs go for really great prices in several auctions.) But... if you want a Langdon Tactical custom worked  Beretta you have to order one from his website (call or online).

Having just this week talked to a shooter who has used Berettas in the military and who has owned and shot them for years, his opinion is that the LTT is better (smoother) than the Wilson AND the customer service from Langdon is second to none. Having shot an M9A1 recently (not a LTT or WC) I find the all steel pistol offers something the Glock and other polymer guns do not and can not. I'm planning on finding out for myself how much better the LTT is over a stock gun. Why not? Life is short.

Plenty of videos on YT if you want to watch some really well done reviews of these guns.

:D

Are you sold on one yet, Widder? ;)

Howdy Dan.   

Your info is exactly what Slater and I have discovered by actually calling LTT business.

(Slater is a fellow Cowboy and FFL holder who tries to keep good pistols and other firearms in his inventory).

We have also been informed (just as you already know) that an LTT Beretta is better than the factory Beretta LTT.

The factory will incorporate 'SOME' of Earnest Langdon's mods in their pistols, but those you get directly from Langdon

Tactical are the cream of the crop.

Right now, I'm seriously considering the Langdon Tactical edition of the Beretta 92 in the compact series

Slater is considering the Full Size, Compact size and probably the Centurion model.

The Cost is the shocker, but not out of the question if I decide to get one.  Looks like the Compact model might run $1100 plus, 

depending up a couple mod variables.    Heck, that cost as much as my P229 Legend and just a tad less than my

Springfield TRP 6" in 10mm.

..........Widder

Archived