SASS Wire Forum

Outlaw Category?

John Kloehr

I feel I am at serious risk of stepping in something stinky and sticky...

From a reference in another thread.

Forum search shows no results.

Nothing in the rules about an Outlaw Category.

Just curious what would be different?

Thanks for the vids, explained it well. I'm not that good but it sure looks like fun.

Is there some direction to make it an official category or is this a local thing. I really am asking out of ignorance. And I just searched the rules and find no mention of this.

New categories require a group of shooters to champion the change to the SASS categories.  That being said, the match director and/or host club can offer whatever category they choose to offer.  Outlaw is indeed an outlaw category and I think they want it that way.  Kinda fits the theme.  Pretty cool if you ask me.  I love to watch the outlaw shooters.  I have a hard enough hitting the big and close targets with a sight picture..ish.  Hope this answers your question.

I know outlaw is not allowed at Powder Creek in Lenexa,KS.  The risk of a round over the berm cannot be mitigated by the baffle system.  Check with your MD or Range Master prior to attempting outlaw.

52 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

Thanks for the vids, explained it well. I'm not that good but it sure looks like fun.

Is there some direction to make it an official category or is this a local thing. I really am asking out of ignorance. And I just searched the rules and find no mention of this.

If you are anywhere near Manchester KY the 3rd week in July, Black Gold is the place to be. https://ponderosa-pines.com . Some of the Earths greatest Outlaws will be in attendance and there will be a Left handed Missouri fella there kicking all our backsides.

1 hour ago, John Kloehr said:

I see you live in TN so you live in the same state with the original Outlaw, Tn Tombstone so you are in a good location.  Several clubs in TN and the Southeast all recognize and allow the Outlaw category.  You'll have fun.

Kajun

It's sorta like the "secret menu" they say exists at most restaurants.

Only the "Outlaws" know the deal. lol

Archived