SASS Wire Forum

Ammo at local Cabela's

Dantankerous

Stopped at the local Cabela's the other day more out of curiosity than anything else and their ammo shelves are still pretty much empty unlike the Gander Outdoors Camping World facility we have on the other side of town. Gander is fully stocked with ammo but Cabela's does not seem to be intrested in re stocking their shelves.

They did have a generous selection of 454 Casull, 480 Ruger, and more 45-70 then I would be able to ever shoot. And good Lord those 454 and 480 Ruger rounds were big! :o

Too bad they did not have guns in any of those calibers. I was starting to get in a shopping mood.  ;)

Probably would not have bought a Marlin without being able to try the action but the Ruger Super Blackhawk models I would be pretty confident with.

Oh well.

Ours is worthless up here too.   Have $300 buck gift cards + Cabelas Bucks that I can not find anything to spend on    All they have is expensive clothes that I wouldn't wear       GW

2 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

...... their ammo shelves are still pretty much empty ........

Probably to allow for more stocking of turtleneck sweaters and cabin slippers.

16 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

Stopped at the local Cabela's the other day more out of curiosity than anything else and their ammo shelves are still pretty much empty unlike the Gander Outdoors Camping World facility we have on the other side of town. Gander is fully stocked with ammo but Cabela's does not seem to be intrested in re stocking their shelves.

They did have a generous selection of 454 Casull, 480 Ruger, and more 45-70 then I would be able to ever shoot. And good Lord those 454 and 480 Ruger rounds were big! :o

Too bad they did not have guns in any of those calibers. I was starting to get in a shopping mood.  ;)

Probably would not have bought a Marlin without being able to try the action but the Ruger Super Blackhawk models I would be pretty confident with.

Oh well.

IMHO the parent company (Bass Pro) inventory takes priority and Cabela's gets the leftovers, if any.

At the Gander Outdoor I work at, we've been getting much in pretty regularly, but we aren't what I would call fully stocked. We're not seeing .40 S&W, little in the way of .45acp, and nothing in the way of buckshot for 12 or 20 gauges. We may also not have the brand people want, but it does seem the effort is being made.

Sounds like they are following “The Party Line,” conditioning customers to accept the fact that they’re either not stocking, or stocking little in the way of, ammunition calibers that feed common “self defense” firearms.

If they’re screwing us now, they’ll continue to screw us later.  These mergers should not have been allowed.

Cat Brules

I visited the Bass Pro mother ship here in Springfield yesterday.  Ammo inventory way down, half the shelves empty.  Entry restricted to one door, less than 100 people in the whole place.  The NRA museum is open.

All of them are hurting I think.

Archived