SASS Wire Forum

Broke again...still?

So I'm reading an article in the Wall Street Journal about states crying again about their DOT projects floundering. What happened to Obama's shovel ready projects? What happened to all the state revenue accumulated during boom times? What happened to all the decades of promises from various federal and state governments to spend $$ on infrastructure? Suddenly they're poor because of C-19 and need more money now than ever?

Wonder how many of us will be getting tax refunds because the schools are closed and many may stay closed?

11 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

Wonder how many of us will be getting tax refunds because the schools are closed and many may stay closed?

Heck, in our little town, the county assessor just announced that all properties will be increased in value by 8% this year, mandated by the state treasury auditor, who said our town was not in compliance with state standards. I swear, I love my little town, but as soon as my boys graduate, I have every mind to sell my business and move to somewhere less taxed than Nebraska. 

Usually property is valued according to worth, though sometimes increases may be limited by law. Tax rates are set according to how much money needs to be raised.

The worst run states appear to be run by the Dems.

55 minutes ago, Go West said:

Usually property is valued according to worth, though sometimes increases may be limited by law. Tax rates are set according to how much money needs to be raised.

The worst run states appear to be run by the Dems.

I never noticed that!  (We gotta get a sarcasm thingy.)  :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, Go West said:

...The worst run states appear to be run by the Dems.

Exactly x infinity x forever and ever. Amen.

Archived