SASS Wire Forum

A little Lawman tv show tivia

Tulsey, SASS#11236

I stumbled on some trivia about the Lawman tv show that ran for  from 1958 to 1962 for 156  30 minute episodes  . It  starred John Russell as marshal Dan Troup and Peter Brown as deputy Johnny McKay.  In the four seasons,  Dan Troup was hurt 16 times and shot 13 times. He wounded  22 people and killed 87.  Johnny McKay was hurt 22 times and shot three times. He wounded 12 people and killed 31.  Crime did not pay on that show. 

I wonder what Marshall Dillon's count was? I guess just about every western TV star didn't have a spot anywhere on their arms or shoulders left without scaring as they usually got hit there every third episode or so. 

Yeah, he’ll be all right.  It went right through!

:rolleyes:

Cat Brules  ...whew!

I remember this show, when I was but a wee lad. He was Bloody Bill in Josey Wales. Then he was Stockburn in Pale Rider. I cannot think of a single time I saw him in the years between. looking at IMDb I see he did a lot of TV, and a few movies in the intervening years, but I sure don't remember any of them.

As I recall Chuck Connors in The Rifleman killed more people than any other show. 245 in 168 episodes.

37 minutes ago, Smoken D said:

As I recall Chuck Connors in The Rifleman killed more people than any other show. 245 in 168 episodes.

That's because he would accidently take a few extra out before he could slow that rifle down.

I remember one year Peter Brown, Bruce Boxleitner, and Alex Cord were in the AA Bullet tent for beer and socializing at EOT in CA. (A keg would show up sometimes on occasions after five when cold range was declared.) Pleasant gentleman to chat with.  Fast forward a number of years  and I see Alex at Boots Fits' bootshop in Whitesboro and we reminisced a little.  I asked Boots about him just the other day and he is still around there.

Watched Pale Rider just last night and made comment to Sassy about The Lawman. 

7 hours ago, Smoken D said:

Bet Josh Randall had a good count also.

Archived