SASS Wire Forum

C-19 dead at 80: really?

16 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I actually did see several accounts a month or two ago about the 80° subject. One was a video showing how 80+ degree water and soap would kill the disease. I can’t recall if it was a CDC or other govt agency or a news media thing.

Washing and soap does not kill it, just dislodges it and disperses it down the drain.

But news media? I have no doubt you might have actually seen such a ridiculous claim.

Yesterday I encountered the article exposing "social distancing" as having originated with a 14 year old's school project and later adopted by the G.W. Bush administration in the pandemic preparedness plan, which we are now using.

Did you know the bogus idea of 'social distancing' was invented by a 14-year-old girl during the Bush administration in 2006? — RT Op-ed

10 minutes ago, Roscoe Regulator said:

Yesterday I encountered the article exposing "social distancing" as having originated with a 14 year old's school project and later adopted by the G.W. Bush administration in the pandemic preparedness plan, which we are now using.

Did you know the bogus idea of 'social distancing' was invented by a 14-year-old girl during the Bush administration in 2006? — RT Op-ed

Dear Lord please, call me heaven or just expedite my one way trip to hell....someone on the SASS wire referenced a Russia Today article......

;)

:FlagAm:

23 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

Washing and soap does not kill it, just dislodges it and disperses it down the drain.

But news media? I have no doubt you might have actually seen such a ridiculous claim.

So if the world population would all take hot showers 3 times a day, social distance and wear masks we may be able to have the world partially up by spring 2021?

12 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

An order of magnitude. One. In scientific terms, that is "nada." Compare that to boiling hot for 15 minutes. That yields six orders of magnitude kill rate. So one in a million virus molecules still survive and are infectious.

But being outside? And not touching each other or surfaces touched by others? You get the same reduction in exposure with the slightest breeze. The virus is not killed, it is just effectively dispersed and gone.

That is why 80 degrees is so effective. It lets people be outside. But if the person who rode the coaster before you coughed all over the grab bar, and you grab that bar, and then you stick your finger up your nose... 80 degree air temperature is not going to prevent infection.

2 minutes ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

So if the world population would all take hot showers 3 times a day, social distance and wear masks we may be able to have the world partially up by spring 2021?

And not touch themselves above their shoulders in public or before cleaning well.

And if choosing to wear masks, change to a fresh one every couple hours or if it gets damp.

Then we could probably open today. Well, most of the country already did. And while I think this is good, I am being careful. Mostly because of the self-touching thing. People do.

The simple thought of not touching your eye can make it itch. Try it. Right now, think to yourself "I must not touch my eye." Repeat it several times. Feel the various itches starting? Maybe your arm, or your scalp first, but then your eye. Repeat it a few more times. "I must not touch my eye." ... maybe the back of your neck? Soon enough, you will desperately want to touch your eye. Don't do it. What is that you feel now, the side of your nose?

1 minute ago, John Kloehr said:

The simple thought of not touching your eye can make it itch. Try it. Right now, think to yourself "I must not touch my eye." Repeat it several times. Feel the various itches starting? Maybe your arm, or your scalp first, but then your eye. Repeat it a few more times. "I must not touch my eye." ... maybe the back of your neck? Soon enough, you will desperately want to touch your eye. Don't do it. What is that you feel now, the side of your nose?

Another test...

Concentrate real hard, ok...

Close your eyes, breath softly and listen carefully...

ready...

Now repeat the names I just called you, I know you could hear them. 

15 minutes ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

Dear Lord please, call me heaven or just expedite my one way trip to hell....someone on the SASS wire referenced a Russia Today article......

;)

:FlagAm:

Written by an American and appearing on the most objective news site I have found. Either the article is valid or not, never mind your prejudices and sensibilities. It does bring up the question about why the article is not mentioned on US liberal outlets, as far as I know.

Archived