SASS Wire Forum

My First "Post Quarantine" Match & It was GREAT !!!!

Yep, Ft. Parker Patriots Shot Today....

The Weather was Perfect, the Match was Great, everything ran Smooth and We ALL had an Absolute Blast !!!!!!!!!

YeeeeHawwwwww !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cajon is having a match on Saturday and Sunday!! Woooohooooo!!

10 minutes ago, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

You know CVV is shooting next week, right?

Yep & I will be There, probably Both Days.

WB  Saturday and CAS on Sunday.

Goody,

It sure would be nice to C U .... How you been doin'?

OK, been in and out of the hospital 3 times since November. Going for a CT scan Wednesday for some shadows they see in my lung. Got my fingers crossed it's just scarring from the pneumonia I had in 2001 or something else that is innocent.

The Virtue Flat Shootist Society, nominally of Baker City, Oregon and the surrounding environs, held our first match a week ago yesterday at an undisclosed location... :D 

And yeah, it was a blast (so to speak)!

Goody,

Hang in there Pard and keep up your Positive Attitude that I know you've had since we first met...

What was it nearly 50 years ago now..... HolyCow.... You must be  gittin' Old :D

You know Kathy & I are praying for the Best for Ya !!!!

Goody, likewise, hopin' for the best!  I never heard the test results from my tests in late March... Doc finally called back early this month... left cryptic message, something like... "wanna discuss your treatments and plans..."  suffered for 4 days until I heard again from his nurse... "no, your tests results were negative, the Dr. just wants to discuss regular testing to forestall anything developing before we can catch it."  Phew!!!

18 hours ago, Silver Sam, SASS #34718L said:

Yep, Ft. Parker Patriots Shot Today....

The Weather was Perfect, the Match was Great, everything ran Smooth and We ALL had an Absolute Blast !!!!!!!!!

YeeeeHawwwwww !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Their website needs updating, the contact person shown, isn't.

34 minutes ago, Dutch Wheeler said:

What new procedures did you follow to insure reducing the curve?

How was this done at OFP Sam?  How about procedure for CVV?

SASS matches are coming back!  Sharyn and I shot last week, this Saturday, and we'll have a 5th Saturday match this month as well.  Next month the 1st and 3rd Saturday matches are looking good and the 4th Sunday match is also on.  Now if we can just get our 2nd and 4th Saturdays back!

12 minutes ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

How was this done at OFP Sam?  How about procedure for CVV?

Here is what Shady posted on Facebook CVV page.

"

Comanche valley vigilantes scheduled monthly shoot May 23, 24 2020

CVV will hold it’s regularly scheduled two day monthly match,weather permitting,under the guidelines laid out by Texas governor, Gregg Abbot.

The clubs landowner has agreed for us to hold a regular shooting match on the scheduled match dates. The following guidelines apply.

All shooters are required to bring eye, ear protection, brass pickers and hand sanitizer. A face mask is recommended especially for the protection of those over 65. If you don’t have one Chula Kat will have some brand new cloth masks available.

Morning meetings will began at 8:30 am and shooting will start at 9:00 am. The range will go cold at 1:00 pm.

Limit the number of shooters at the loading and unloading table to two and practice social distancing.

To limit contact no posse sign up sheets will be out, posse assignments will be done by registration slip available at several tables.

The kitchen will not be open this weekend, so bring your own snacks and water as needed.

There may be more to discuss at the morning meeting, please be prompt so everyone hears the same questions and answers.

1 hour ago, Dutch Wheeler said:

What new procedures did you follow to insure reducing the curve?

Dutch & Billy........

Honestly we ran it pretty much the same as normal with some minor adjustments.

Here's how it went...... 

OFP had stated beforehand that Masks would be mandatory while you're on the stage,

I assumed it was acceptable to remove them when you went back to your Cart.

Masks would be available at sign-up.

They were there and they were very Nice ones, made by a Club Member...

So we All had them!

Don't show up if you're feeling sick.

Small Posses... 10 per was suggested, 

Please maintain appropriate social distancing.

And the Timer's and score pads would be handled by as few people as possible.

That's about it.

So that's what we did !!!!!

With One Exception............ 

We took a Vote during the Shooters Meeting about wearing Masks.

It was Unanimous to Ditch the Masks !!!!!!!!!!!!

We did a fair amount of elbow & fist bumping, we all spread out & kept our distance.

The TO leaned in with his arm out to Start the Timer and again to Catch the last shot.

There were a few "train wrecks" attributed to a long lay off.

But it was basically the same as It always has been............

It Was Great Fun !!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Dutch Wheeler said:

Thanks Sam and Goody.  It's certainly a start.

Great News!  Very happy to hear that some of y’all are back to enjoying our sport.  I’m jealous, as all my local matches have been canceled for the near term. But ecstatic to hear somewhere in free America life is going forward.  I’d love to come shoot with y’all. And for those that don’t know me, I can miss as fast as anyone!

Thanks for posting some good news!  

“Mask-less” Capt. Curly Strait. Good guys don’t wear masks. 

Archived