SASS Wire Forum

Present Arms!

In honor of the Armed Forces of the United States, I am having baby back ribs. Something I never got in the Army. :rolleyes::FlagAm:

F20A91A2-03A0-4FAC-B604-62B7FE5BAE85.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

don't see the Space Force 'patch' shown (Marines are)  Both part of another branch

"Up, Up and Away!"

The Marine Corps is officially a branch under the Department of the Navy. The SpCe Force is a branch under the Department of the Air Force.

Here’s a Ssspace Force Seal for ya.

For the record, I think it looks embarrassingly like the Star Trek communicator pin.  :lol:

85D72A8A-BABC-4E11-BF0B-EC7AFAC102AD.png

DA012DFD-A457-4743-825B-56CA4089624B.png

DHS has the Coast Guard Now ,  treasury has not had them since 1967 , 1967 -2003 the fell under DOT in 2003 the became part of DHS

2 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

It’s not fair. The Navy has the Marine Corps, and the Air Force has the Space Force, even the Treasury has the Coast Guard, but the Army gots nutten. 

They did until I quit to join the Marines.

2 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

It’s not fair. The Navy has the Marine Corps, and the Air Force has the Space Force, even the Treasury has the Coast Guard, but the Army gots nutten. 

We got knives and we got guns

Some little and some real big ones

Sniper teams with deadly shooters
Hell, we even got computers

Army planes and whirlybird birds

Snarling Grunts that charge in herds
Mortars, M2s, 249s

Smoke the bad guys every time

Tracers going everywhere

Rockets flying through the air
Thermite frags that make things burn

Chow that makes your stomach churn

Tradition back to ‘75

We were the first and we’re still alive

Summer, Winter, Fall and Spring

The Army, it’s  got everything! :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Mortars, M2s, 249s

Tracers going everywhere

Thermite grabs that make things burn

Tradition back to ‘75

Thanks for the reminder.  :FlagAm:

14 minutes ago, SHOOTIN FOX said:

The Army got the K9 corps and the Navy got the Marine corps because the Army had first choice. No disrespect, just interservice rivalry. 

That is the funniest thing I've read in awhile! Glad I wasn't drinking anything at the time! I have to share that one.

1 hour ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

Army has more aircraft than the Air Force and more boats than the Navy. Disclaimer I did not count either.

Imis And Tanks, we got more tanks

Boats? Maybe so, but I doubt it. 
Ships? Unh-Uh...not in any dimension. 

Oh, wait!...Lookie here what I found;

https://www.businessinsider.com/these-are-the-6-craziest-military-myths-2015-6?amp

Bottles, please pour me a drink. Put it on Imis’ tab. :P

What does the Army have?

Well the Army has a new Officer as of this afternoon:  one of my younger cousins graduated from the University of Wyoming ROTC program and was commissioned as an active duty trainee headed to Ft. Rucker to become a helicopter pilot.  Congratulations and proud of you Second Lieutenant Brendan Bryan!

1 minute ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

What does the Army have?

Well the Army has a new Officer as of this afternoon:  one of my younger cousins graduated from the University of Wyoming ROTC program and was commissioned as an active duty trainee headed to Ft. Rucker to become a helicopter pilot.  Congratulations and proud of you Second Lieutenant Brendan Bryan!

:excl: :FlagAm:

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Boats? Maybe so, but I doubt it. 
Ships? Unh-Uh...not in any dimension. 

Oh, wait!...Lookie here what I found;

https://www.businessinsider.com/these-are-the-6-craziest-military-myths-2015-6?amp

Bottles, please pour me a drink. Put it on Imis’ tab. :P

I've read the before, but, you have to admit, for the 'ground pounding' branch, we're doing OK on both!

3 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Mortars, M2s, 249s

Tracers going everywhere

Tradition back to ‘75

I do appreciate at great comeback.  And I absolutely love this one!

36 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

What does the Army have?

Salute!!

34 minutes ago, DocWard said:

I've read the before, but, you have to admit, for the 'ground pounding' branch, we're doing OK on both!

Yep, they may have them...probably on land somewhere awaiting parts. :lol:

6 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

My dad was a grunt in WWII in the South Pacific. Maybe Army doesn't need anybody else. He did seem to like the Navy bombardment before they invaded an island.

JHC

14 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

The Marine Corps is officially a branch under the Department of the Navy. The SpCe Force is a branch under the Department of the Air Force.

Here’s a Ssspace Force Seal for ya.

For the record, I think it looks embarrassingly like the Star Trek communicator pin.  :lol:

85D72A8A-BABC-4E11-BF0B-EC7AFAC102AD.png

DA012DFD-A457-4743-825B-56CA4089624B.png

A point of order, Mr. Vice:  The map symbol for a satellite is the funky-looking Star Trek communicator pin, and it has been since BEFORE Gene Roddenberry created the show / movies.  In fact, it is well-documented that HE BORROWED the map symbol for his show.  Don't forget, even though the Space Force is new, the military has been doing space operations since 1958.  When the Space Force stood up, they used already-existing symbology, which does, in fact, look like Star Trek because Roddenberry borrowed it from the Air Force.  

14 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Bogus.  The Air Force came from the Army, and the Space Force came from the Air Force.  That makes us the *ONLY* grandparent service.  

8 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Yep, they may have them...probably on land somewhere awaiting parts. :lol:

I spent 2008 at Camp Patriot, located on Kuwait Naval Base. You would be surprised at the number of Army boats we had buzzing around the Persian Gulf.

40 minutes ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

A point of order, Mr. Vice:  The map symbol for a satellite is the funky-looking Star Trek communicator pin, and it has been since BEFORE Gene Roddenberry created the show / movies.  In fact, it is well-documented that HE BORROWED the map symbol for his show.  Don't forget, even though the Space Force is new, the military has been doing space operations since 1958.  When the Space Force stood up, they used already-existing symbology, which does, in fact, look like Star Trek because Roddenberry borrowed it from the Air Force.  

I learned something new, and it's only 9 am. Now what am I going to do the rest of the day!

12 hours ago, SHOOTIN FOX said:

The Army got the K9 corps and the Navy got the Marine corps because the Army had first choice. No disrespect, just interservice rivalry. 

The Army took the dogs because they are easier to control, less dangerous, and better behaved than Marines.:P

45 minutes ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

You beat me to it.

And, the CG defaults to the Navy in war time.

5 minutes ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

The Army took the dogs because they are easier to control, less dangerous, and better behaved than Marines.:P

They also tend to have less fleas, smell better, and can be house broken! Yes, I have close friends that are Marines.

10 minutes ago, DocWard said:

I spent 2008 at Camp Patriot, located on Kuwait Naval Base. You would be surprised at the number of Army boats we had buzzing around the Persian Gulf.

Just bustin’ chops, Doc. :D

One thing the Army and the Air Force had and probably still have that the Navy, Marines and Coast Guard did not?
The hottest chicks. :lol:

Not PC, but the truth. ;)

3 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Just bustin’ chops, Doc. :D

One thing the Army and the Air Force had and probably still have that the Navy, Marines and Coast Guard did not?
The hottest chicks. :lol:

Not PC, but the truth. ;)

Oh, I know you were. My response was intended more as trivia. As for the second part, I can only comment about my experiences, and having served in both a medical lab and a medical company during my tenure, both of which were "coed," uhmmm... Yeah, I won't disagree.

13 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Mortars, M2s, 249s

Tracers going everywhere

Tradition back to ‘75

Reading this thread through, considering who’s who and such, (Birdgun) when I saw this my first thought was “We got warrant officers”.  )))

Archived