SASS Wire Forum

Little known fact about bunting

And you thought this post was going to be about BASEBALL! :P

Why do cats bang their foreheads against humans?

Ah yes, the head boop. Or “bunting”, as it’s properly known.

You’ll notice that they don’t just headbutt you- it’s more of a rubbing action.

They do this because they have scent glands all over their face and head.

main-qimg-e14b45b841e5b036ad2de0ec7a8399d4

They have scent glands nigh-on everywhere, and they use them to mark things. But bunting doesn’t just deposit their scent, it also means that they pick up some of the scent of whatever (or whoever) they’re rubbing against.

Cats who live in social groups use bunting as a way to swap scent. They’re marking the other cat, but also marking themselves with the other cat’s scent. This affirms a sort of group bond, and bunting is used as a social greeting between cats who know and trust each other.

They’re just treating you the same way they would treat anyone else they trusted.

Naw.  None of the above.  "Bunting" is when a Fighter Pilot suddenly applies forward stick and returns to neutral.  The result is airplane going to "0 G" for a new seconds.

Little known fact about bunting...

85E87C3E-5C30-4334-957B-4E7FE4B4E3A7.jpeg.3128ad283c4dc22faaaba84f1a5ab992.jpeg

Interesting Facts About the Bunting

Snow Bunting – Snow Buntings really live up to their name! Even though they migrate to their Arctic breeding grounds in the spring, males arrive early to pick the best nesting spots. The males brave subzero temperatures to impress potential mates in the following month.

:P

3 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

No.  I thought it was going to be about
Save on Patriotic, 3-star, Bunting | Oriental Trading

Same here 

20 hours ago, Wild Will Bartell said:

I thought we were going to talk about baseball. Heaven knows they’re not doing it anywhere else.:(

This is supposed to be my rookie year umpiring.  We may get a season in July-August.

8 hours ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

This is supposed to be my rookie year umpiring.  We may get a season in July-August.

I sure hope you get to make some calls this year. What level are you umpiring in?

I read the OP's title too fast, and thought is said "Punting".  I thought maybe we were going to discuss Alabama football. 

Punt, Bama, Punt!  War Eagle!

Archived