SASS Wire Forum

It took Facebook 8 years to react?!?!?!?!

Clay Mosby

8 years ago I shared this photo on FB. Don't remember anything about it except I think i think it's cool! 

Well yesterday when I open FB the first thing I see is a big announcement that this photo had been removed for violating their policy. Didn't say which policy, Seriously, 8 years after the fact?

download.jpg

Another great example of censorship.

Wow.

The only reason I keep it is to contact friends, relatives and there's some cool groups on there. They're reasons for removing things make no sense whatsover!

I've had the same kind of thing happen.  Well, not 8 years, more like 5 or 6, but the same idea.  Likely one of the Perpetually Offended Obnoxious People saw something of yours, didn't like it, went through your photos or history and reported everything he or she didn't like.

16 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

...They're reasons for removing things make no sense whatsover!

What you're talking about is the modern liberal mindset of being offended at everything. PC x infinity ad nauseum. And no, their reasons don't make sense because their reasons are grounded in tantrumitus.

So, maybe we should all copy and post it?

Then, if it's taken down, complain that Neo-Nazi's on Facebook don't like being reminded their hero, Adolf Hitler, lost the war after committing a genocide.

1 minute ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Then, if it's taken down, complain that Neo-Nazi's on Facebook don't like being reminded their hero, Adolf Hitler, lost the war after committing a genocide.

I like the devious way you think.

FB

Facebook

or

Flakebook

???????

11 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

FB is a snowflakes heaven :rolleyes:

OLG 

To some extent that is true.  But there is also a lot of good information there.  We ain't all snowflakes.

4 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

To some extent that is true.  But there is also a lot of good information there.  We ain't all snowflakes.

The crybabies that report these stories,  are the 'snowflakes' I speak of. ;)

OLG 

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I've had the same kind of thing happen.  Well, not 8 years, more like 5 or 6, but the same idea.  Likely one of the Perpetually Offended Obnoxious People saw something of yours, didn't like it, went through your photos or history and reported everything he or she didn't like.

Join P. O. O. P., the original started by Boston John Doucette many years ago. I was, I think, the second member and it goes back about 22 - 25 years.

People Offended by Offended People.

POOP

22 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Join P. O. O. P., the original started by Boston John Doucette many years ago. I was, I think, the second member and it goes back about 22 - 25 years.

People Offended by Offended People.

POOP

Opposite sides of the spectrum, same initials.

20 minutes ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

So being a contrarian, FB is a private business. As such they set the rules for how they operate and what they will allow. They are not obligated in any way to let anything anyone wants to be published, published. Just Like CNN.

Yep.  But FB claims to be disinterested and unbiased.   

Also, that doesn't mean that we can't complain about the obvious bias, the capriciousness of their decisions,  and their ever changing and non-standard standards. 

3 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

You really want to wad up their panties, don't you. CLK!:lol:

2 hours ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

So being a contrarian, FB is a private business. As such they set the rules for how they operate and what they will allow. They are not obligated in any way to let anything anyone wants to be published, published. Just Like CNN.

Good stuff here pertaining to this discussion

PragerU vs Youtube

Archived