SASS Wire Forum

97 work?

Currahee

Sometimes posting where your located.  There could be some one withen driving distance,  a plus to me          GW

I have had an 1897 in with Old West repair since January.    They haven't replied to email or phone to me for months.   Voicemail at 602 309-4198 is full.    Anyone know if something happened to them? 

5 hours ago, BossCactus said:

I have had an 1897 in with Old West repair since January.    They haven't replied to email or phone to me for months.   Voicemail at 602 309-4198 is full.    Anyone know if something happened to them? 

BossCactus,

Prepare a list of your contact and attempted contacts with these people.

Contact the closest (to you) office of the BATFE by phone, keep track of agent(s) you speak to and report this business as having stolen your shotgun.  Write down what they say to you.  Be prepared to give them all contact info and names of people you’ve spoken to at this business.  I wouldn’t for a moment try to protect them because “they’re cowboys”.  Whatever problems they have doesn’t mean you must take a loss of your shotgun.  They must be accountable and responsible.

You may also wish to report them to and gather info from, the police agency in the city and state of their physical address AND to theIt County business licensing or business oversight department.  You probably should act at this point.  Who knows how many other SASS members are in the same boat you are?

But you do what you want.

Cat Brules

11 hours ago, BossCactus said:

Squibber is hunkered down during this virus episode. He is very good and reliable.

12 hours ago, BossCactus said:

There is a good probability the business has been on lockdown since receiving your SG.

I don't have any suggestions, only some thoughts as to a probable reason for your situation.

..........Widder

8 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

BossCactus,

Prepare a list of your contact and attempted contacts with these people.

Contact the closest (to you) office of the BATFE by phone, keep track of agent(s) you speak to and report this business as having stolen your shotgun.  Write down what they say to you.  Be prepared to give them all contact info and names of people you’ve spoken to at this business.  I wouldn’t for a moment try to protect them because “they’re cowboys”.  Whatever problems they have doesn’t mean you must take a loss of your shotgun.  They must be accountable and responsible.

You may also wish to report them to and gather info from, the police agency in the city and state of their physical address AND to theIt County business licensing or business oversight department.  You probably should act at this point.  Who knows how many other SASS members are in the same boat you are?

But you do what you want.

Cat Brules

Totally agree.  This should not be tolerated.

10 minutes ago, Banjo Bob said:

Totally agree.  This should not be tolerated.

Especially not with the situation that is going on right now. Businesses shut down through no fault of the owner/operator. I feel certain that Squibber, a man of high moral fiber and with a stellar reputation in the Cowboy community, has absconded with several old 97's, worth hundreds of dollars. Runofft to Mexico to start a new life with his ill gotten booty.:rolleyes:

Actually, if you can't tell this was all said tongue in cheek. While I have never met the man I'd bet dollars to donuts that he has no nefarious intent. Something has happened, whether it be from this insidious virus, a death in the family, whatever. But here the last few weeks there are some who seem hell bent on stirring up some fecal matter, regardless of whether it involves them directly or not.

Certainly am not implying anything nefarious and only after trying for months to get a reply of any sort did I post here.   Hope all is well with Squibber -- well regarded here and just not sure what to do. 

Thanks guys!

Just now, BossCactus said:

Certainly am not implying anything nefarious and only after trying for months to get a reply of any sort did I post here.   Hope all is well with Squibber -- well regarded here and just not sure what to do. 

Thanks guys!

I know, and I wasn't referring to you. 

Archived