SASS Wire Forum

Why can’t I post to classifieds?

CAPTAIN

I wondering why I can’t post to the classifieds? 
I’ve put up a post with a WTB twice and have had it disappear. 
I don’t post much here, but have been a registered user since 2005. I’ve bought a few long guns through this site but have only had a chance to attend a few local shoots at my local club here in New Jersey. I’m on here regularly soaking in as much knowledge as I can, but it’s difficult when my posts keep getting deleted. 

Do you have a S.A.S.S. number?

Have to be registered with S.A.S.S to start topics in the classifieds, not just registered with the forum.

CLASSIFIEDS FORUM GUIDELINES:

Members that are interested in posting an item for sale (non-commercially) can utilize the SASS Wire Classifieds section. Item sale posts are limited to the Wire Classifieds section. 
- You must be a registered member to post in the Classifieds. (no Guests

SASS Wire Classifieds

The SASS Wire Classified is for NON-COMMERCIAL POSTINGS ONLY. Offers on the Classifieds may only be posted by a SASS Member (you may not post for someone else), in good standing, and must include his/her SASS Number. Offers posted by Guests or Members not including their SASS Number will be deleted.

I'm sure PaleWolf will correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe the conditions for the Classifieds is plainly stated in the first THREE sentences that introduce the Classifieds.  Seems simple enough.

5 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

I'm sure PaleWolf will correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe the conditions for the Classifieds is plainly stated in the first THREE sentences that introduce the Classifieds.  Seems simple enough.

Not wrong at all...that's exactly what I posted in the 2nd quote above.
;)

There is an other Forum I lurk on.  Through out the year, there are a half dozen people whom Join the forums with a wonky alias solely for the purpose of hawking their stuff.  No contribution at all.  Annoying.

So, what you’re telling me is it’s annoying if someone posts something “for sale” or a “wanted to buy”? How is it “annoying“ that they don’t contribute? I’ve been on this forum for five years, not daily, but enough. But because I’m not posting comments constantly, I’d be considered annoying?

I didn’t read the huge disclaimer about the classifieds, my mistake for skipping over it and figuring this forum was much like

the other thousands of forums out there that wouldn’t push people away by forcing them to be a member to post on.  Seems a bit silly to have to be a Sass member to post a WTB. I can maybe see the point if I was selling something, but I’m still learning this style of shooting and am simply frustrated with the barricades put forth to rookies trying to get acquainted with cowboy action. My local club doesn’t require the Sass membership, so paying $75 a year is not something I’m ready to do just yet. Would you pony up $75 a year if it wasn’t necessary and you were only making it to one or two shoots a year? If things go well, I’d absolutely pay up and become a member. 
I would think you all would want more shooters to join and get involved but what I see on this forum is a lot of unnecessary roadblocks and sarcastic comments that ultimately chase away potential new shooters. 

I come from a drag racing background where I ran the semi pro national tour, won 2 World Championships and 11 National titles. I’m on many racing forums and never treat new racers like that. When a fan or rookie racer comes to me in the pits, I spend time talking to them about my equipment, answer any questions (even dumb questions), and make them feel like they can come race too. Not make them feel stupid for not reading the NHRA rule book or not knowing how to degree a camshaft. 

Oh, by the way, MOST of the posts in the classifieds section DO NOT have the members Sass numbers listed. Looks like the moderators have plenty of deleting to do. 
Just sayin’

46 minutes ago, CAPTAIN said:

Oh, by the way, MOST of the posts in the classifieds section DO NOT have the members Sass numbers listed

Yes, they do.
The SASS numbers are on the "profile" to the left of the posts; not in the text or headings of the Classifieds posts.

Threads initiated by non-SASS members are regularly "reported" to the Moderators (as yours were) and deleted.

The "Classifieds" guidelines are posted in two locations stating that forum is restricted to  "Members Only" re initiating WTB/WTS.

Neither the forum software, nor the hosting for it are free; our membership fees pay for it. The Classifieds here are one of the privileges of membership.  

Another benefit to requiring SASS membership is that it drastically cuts down the number of scammers by making verification of true identity much easier.

Archived