SASS Wire Forum

2020 Nebraska State SASS Championships

StirrupTrouble

I just wanted to announce some news that I wish I did not have to. Grand Island remains a major hotbed for this #$%@! virus. Next week they are reopening the shooting after it being closed for two months, but only for recreational shooting. The mayor announced yesterday that restrictions will continue and has said no gatherings are allowed until at least August. As a result, we have to announce that there will be no 2020 Nebraska State Championship. We share the shooting bays with roughly 20 other shooting sports, so the calendar is full and we are unable to reschedule the match

We hope you guys can join us next year

NOTE: If you were already registered, I will be reaching out in the next week. You will have the choice of either moving your registration to next year, or receive a full refund.

Thanks for your understanding. Believe me, this mess has hit the club (and our coffers) hard.

I know you are disappointed and I know many others share your disappointment.  But now you are free to shoot some of matches that will still be held!

Hang in there Pard!

;)

What J-Bar said, Stirrup.

:D

This match was on my list as a possibility for this summer.  I appreciate you posting now so I can adjust my summer plans.  Hopefully your club has the financial strength to host the match next year.

That is to bad I was looking forward to shooting there I have never been there.

It's really too bad that it's cancelled, ol'  Stirrup and the Platte Valley Gunslingers put on a heck of a match that is well worth attending.

I know I am putting next years match on my 'must go' list, and recommend that you give it serious consideration.

Grizz

Sad news. I was planning to attend. It would have been my first time at that particular shoot. I will mark my calendar for next year.

Irish Tom.

52 minutes ago, Warden Callaway said:

Maybe find a range in NW Missouri that will host your event?

The Nebraska State Championship hosted by Missouri.

I like it!

:)

Well,  didn't they have the Illinois State championship in Indiana a year or so back?  

Find a farmer across the river from Nebraska City to rent a plot of ground with a bank or hillside to shoot into. 

2 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

Find a farmer across the river from Nebraska City to rent a plot of ground with a bank or hillside to shoot into. 

Hauling a couple of tons of steel targets around could be challenging...

11 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Hauling a couple of tons of steel targets around could be challenging...

I would think someone has a ton truck with gooseneck trailer would work fine.  A couple of tons would hardly be a load. 

Sorry to hear that Stirrup. I was looking forward to shooting there when it was warm for a change!

Stay tuned.....Can't give details yet, but a possibility is in the works...

OK, details were finalized today.......a club in Kansas, the Capital City Cowboys just west of Topeka, has generously offered to host our Nebraska State Championship as a part of their T-Town Shootout August 14-16...so for you Nebraska Shooters, we WILL have a state championship after all!!! Side matches and warmups will be on the 14th, with the main match August 15-16. 

If you have already downloaded the entry form, if you are a Nebraska shooter, write "Nebraska State" at the top of the form just so it isn't missed that you are shooting in the Nebraska State match. If you are a Nebraska Shooter and you have already sent in your entry, contact JW and let him know so he can mark your entry as a state entry.

Topeka runs a great club with fun stages, and you will not regret coming down (and Topeka is not that far from Grand Island). I love how the clubs in this sport try to find ways to help each other out. There is camping available on the range, and hotels and restaurants 10-15 miles each of the range.

http://capitalcitycowboys.org/PDFs/t-town-2020.pdf

I also am bringing down a quilt that we will be auctioning for the SASS Scholarship Fund

2 hours ago, StirrupTrouble said:

I also am bringing down a quilt that we will be auctioning for the SASS Scholarship Fund

So am I.

• 1 month later...
On 5/21/2020 at 9:30 PM, Grizzly Dave said:

I'm not.

:D

Oh come on, Grizz.  You've got over a month to make one.

LOL:lol:

4 hours ago, Mustang Gregg said:

Oh come on, Grizz.  You've got over a month to make one.

LOL:lol:

Mom is, well, was big into quilting, not so much any more with failing eyes and hands.  Anyway, since I've been her driver for a number of years now, I have visited countless quilt shops all over and learned a bit about it.  I even started making a quilt a year or two ago just to have something to share with mom.  It's still in process.  I suck at sewing.  IF, and that's kinda a big if at this point, if I ever finish it, I'll give it to mom if she's still around, or keep it for myself.  

BTTT!!

JW needs to know if you are coming by 7/16 for the awards

Archived