SASS Wire Forum

That's going to be Expensive

Sedalia Dave

98537678_NelsonHaHa.png.4d8d6455b169fb5a85691edebdd68cac.png

Hefty fine for driving on the beach without the sticker in the windshield. 922303062_smiliebiggrin.gif.fc3278dc4d8a9cca9c440dcf1f894ecb.gif

Probably another one for camping on the beach without a sticker. 1767101982_smiliesnicker.gif.5e56c7935f0b7e66ad8b79a39b06dffe.gif

If the salt water got to the electronics on either trailer or vehicle.....they're done. Even if the electronics didn't get salt water in them, they will rust out in short order without a extremely thorough cleaning.

In the words of Red Foreman....Dumbass

I would affix some buoyancy balloons and let it float up at high tide and pull it to high shore line

with a wrench.

Oh yea..... and don't forget to have a good reason why it was the wife's fault..... :D

..........Widder

12 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I would affix some buoyancy balloons and let it float up at high tide and pull it to high shore line

with a wrench.

Oh yea..... and don't forget to have a good reason why it was the wife's fault..... :D

..........Widder

A winch?

Happens in Daytona Beach all the time.  Just seal all the doors then wait til the tide goes up and float it out.  Simple.

Unless this happened at high tide..............................:ph34r:

13 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

A winch?

Actually it might need a witch with a big broom!

I figure once the surf starts pounding on the trailer the sides won't last long.  As for the truck and whatever remains of the trailer it won't be going anywhere till the next low tide. By then they will have time to round up an excavator to dig what's left out of the sand. Any attempt at simply pulling with a winch will only result in parts being pulled off.

Wonder if his insurance will cover the truck and trailer plus the tow bill..

Suspect he'll be fined for littering when the trailer starts to come apart plus an environmental fine for any fuel and oil that leaks out of the truck. 

1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

with a wrench.

..........Widder

So, let me get this straight. You're going to inflate balloons, and then let the wife pull it up onto shore. And then, after that,  blame her for it happening.

Oh wait ! You said wrench, not wench. Never mind.

1 minute ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Snow birds!

They do make things amusing.

I believe ANNOYING is a better choice of words.

15 hours ago, Dutch Wheeler said:

I think he meant a pirate wench!

ua83157__88695.1405621438_1280_1280.thumb.jpg.8052de37d726e95b1e60027a01958178.jpg

DUTCH,

where did you get that picture of my Ex?

She's got a blue hat also that she wears on the 4th of July..... :D

..........Widder

11 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

He'll be back on the road in about 10 minutes.  You can't see it but there's a dodge dodge just out of frame to the right ready to pull him out.  Dodges are good at rescuing stuck chevys. 

Just say “No” to drugs. :P

18 hours ago, Dutch Wheeler said:

So, at what point did camping on the beach seem like a good idea? :blink:

At low tide?

1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

DUTCH,

where did you get that picture of my Ex?

She's got a blue hat also that she wears on the 4th of July..... :D

..........Widder

WIDDER,

Oh, is this the blue hat you speak of?

937964068_Annotation2020-05-15093046.png.db61641ac54f74daae520bc3f2bb77c7.png

Do you know the story behind this picture or did you just come across it while surfing?  It truly has me confused -- there are no indications they were camping on the beach.  There are no stabilizers / outriggers set up on the trailer, no camp furniture, and the awning isn't out. 

Absent those indicators of camping, it appears as though this intellectual midget backed into the surf like you would a boat trailer.  

50 minutes ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

Do you know the story behind this picture or did you just come across it while surfing?  It truly has me confused -- there are no indications they were camping on the beach.  There are no stabilizers / outriggers set up on the trailer, no camp furniture, and the awning isn't out. 

Absent those indicators of camping, it appears as though this intellectual midget backed into the surf like you would a boat trailer.  

I did a "search Google for image", and it came up all over, but none with what the story behind it was.

9 hours ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

It was sent to my wife. I have looked all over the internet for a back story but I came up just as empty as Dutch did.  I am 99.99% sure that the picture was taken at the Oceano Dunes Recreation Area just south of Pismo Beach. It is quite common to see cars, trucks, trailers, 5th wheels, and even class A motorhomes on the beach there. It is also quite common to see them all stuck in the sand. Lots and lots of videos of folks stuck in the sand there.

Lots of idiots go there and tow trucks make an obscene amount of money extricating them from the predicaments they get themselves into.  

Just theorizing but here are some possibilities as to how the picture happened.

1. Backed into the surf to unload or load jet skis out of the back of the toy hauler and got stuck.

2. Got stuck attempting to turn around.

3, Got stuck attempting to leave and the tide came in before he could secure a tow.

Here are a few pictures of some of the more badass tow trucks.

Kautz Towing - 13 Photos & 25 Reviews - Towing - 985 S 4th St ...

Dangerous Crossing - Image #1, Pismo Beach State Park, Jan… | Flickr

Kautz 24-Hour Towing

There was this trip to Hatteras; we were crabbing & these guys were having trouble launching their boat, so we put them in the boat & pushed it off.  Some time later, we saw them being pulled out by a tow truck that was stuck in the sand in incoming tide.  We laughed a lot, took our crabs & went to the house.

Archived