Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Savvy Jack

For You Hard Core 44-40 Lovers

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I have been spending the past 50 years...**cough**cough**...gathering information to put together an informative 44-40 ballistic, photographic, quick reference booklet together. Your Gold Dust is worthless and I hope to be able to link the file to the 44-40 web page. It is time that this information is readily available for those interested rather than locked up in some out dated, lost books or in the brains of them there old timers and secret service collectors!!!


Here are a few examples....

Still needs much editing and added information if anyone cares to contribute.

From 1873 to 2020

Untitled.thumb.jpg.5fcc93e3066cf78ad841be9c68439221.jpg

 

 

 

 

Stepping back a little further!

 

39-45.thumb.jpg.7f2e3544fac3322f944fe859a24b009a.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2002-2011.thumb.jpg.07e6bac7aa3c04ae29114c9dfd73eb52.jpg

Edited by Savvy Jack
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for all of the information you have shared on the 44WCF.

 I too could be called obsessed with this cartridge. I have enjoyed reading your posts on the Cast Bullet Forum since I joined. 

 Mostly just wanted to thank you.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Salty Dave said:

Thank you for all of the information you have shared on the 44WCF.

 I too could be called obsessed with this cartridge. I have enjoyed reading your posts on the Cast Bullet Forum since I joined. 

 Mostly just wanted to thank you.


Thanks Dave, may go post this over there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thing really comes in handy as a quick reference guide.


 

96535163_241134167156156_5930467722507845632_n.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am also a fan of the 44 wcf . Have been shooting it since 1976.

Remember when the cartridge was hard to find.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bailey Creek,5759 said:

I am also a fan of the 44 wcf . Have been shooting it since 1976.

Remember when the cartridge was hard to find.


Yeah, back before the internet.....dang near impossible to find without a special order.!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And where will it be available to read?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doc, you  beat me to it. :D 

When I started with the 44-40 in '96, I had to buy two boxes of factory ammo (Rem, or Win., don't remember which). Took me about a  week to find some. Used those 100 cases for almost two years. I called everywhere looking for cases. I don't think Starline was in business then. If they were, I didn't know about them.  When I did see 44-40 brass at a gunshow, I was happier than a fat rat in a cheese factory. Is the booklet going to be available for sale ??

Isom

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://sites.google.com/view/44winchester/cartridge-boxes

I will try and get it posted at that link. I'd like to add a lot more stuff first but if I run a cold trail, I may load it up and add updates. I am sure I will have to updat many items as I find the information needed anyway. Probably keep the version update simple, something like "4440CBG Version: 5.20" (the date).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Isom Dart, SASS#8096 said:

Doc, you  beat me to it. :D 

When I started with the 44-40 in '96, I had to buy two boxes of factory ammo (Rem, or Win., don't remember which). Took me about a  week to find some. Used those 100 cases for almost two years. I called everywhere looking for cases. I don't think Starline was in business then. If they were, I didn't know about them.  When I did see 44-40 brass at a gunshow, I was happier than a fat rat in a cheese factory. Is the booklet going to be available for sale ??

Isom

And now I sit around with a couple thousand...Fun to play with....

 

Texas Lizard

 

Almost want to get rid of my 45 colt Rugers...I said almost....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starline Brass....God sent!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a TEST PDF file link for the "Powder Timeline" PDF file. It too is incomplete but......

CLICK HERE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You really are doing some in-depth work Jack. Must keep you busy.

Isom

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Isom Dart, SASS#8096 said:

You really are doing some in-depth work Jack. Must keep you busy.

Isom

 

Been working about 8 hours now just on the WWI export boxes. I am still totally confused!!!!! :blink:
 

Untitled.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Don't be too hard on me. This is a work in progress and I will edit, change, add to etc as often as I can. The Version/Patch is nothing more than the date. I will also be adding "credits" where I can remember.

 

 5-14-2020
Version 5.20 Patch 14


There is no such animal but it helps me keep track,,,,this is not easy, I am drained! I wont be making any followup posts. If you are interested, visit the link below and read down the page to the Version/Patch download link.
Cheers!!

LINK

Edited by Savvy Jack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.