SASS Wire Forum

For You Hard Core 44-40 Lovers

Savvy Jack

I have been spending the past 50 years...**cough**cough**...gathering information to put together an informative 44-40 ballistic, photographic, quick reference booklet together. Your Gold Dust is worthless and I hope to be able to link the file to the 44-40 web page. It is time that this information is readily available for those interested rather than locked up in some out dated, lost books or in the brains of them there old timers and secret service collectors!!!

Here are a few examples....

Still needs much editing and added information if anyone cares to contribute.

From 1873 to 2020

Untitled.thumb.jpg.5fcc93e3066cf78ad841be9c68439221.jpg

Stepping back a little further!

39-45.thumb.jpg.7f2e3544fac3322f944fe859a24b009a.jpg

2002-2011.thumb.jpg.07e6bac7aa3c04ae29114c9dfd73eb52.jpg

Thank you for all of the information you have shared on the 44WCF.

I too could be called obsessed with this cartridge. I have enjoyed reading your posts on the Cast Bullet Forum since I joined. 

Mostly just wanted to thank you.

24 minutes ago, Salty Dave said:

Thank you for all of the information you have shared on the 44WCF.

I too could be called obsessed with this cartridge. I have enjoyed reading your posts on the Cast Bullet Forum since I joined. 

Mostly just wanted to thank you.

Thanks Dave, may go post this over there!

16 minutes ago, Bailey Creek,5759 said:

I am also a fan of the 44 wcf . Have been shooting it since 1976.

Remember when the cartridge was hard to find.

Yeah, back before the internet.....dang near impossible to find without a special order.!

Doc, you  beat me to it. :D 

When I started with the 44-40 in '96, I had to buy two boxes of factory ammo (Rem, or Win., don't remember which). Took me about a  week to find some. Used those 100 cases for almost two years. I called everywhere looking for cases. I don't think Starline was in business then. If they were, I didn't know about them.  When I did see 44-40 brass at a gunshow, I was happier than a fat rat in a cheese factory. Is the booklet going to be available for sale ??

Isom

https://sites.google.com/view/44winchester/cartridge-boxes

I will try and get it posted at that link. I'd like to add a lot more stuff first but if I run a cold trail, I may load it up and add updates. I am sure I will have to updat many items as I find the information needed anyway. Probably keep the version update simple, something like "4440CBG Version: 5.20" (the date).

2 hours ago, Isom Dart, SASS#8096 said:

Doc, you  beat me to it. :D 

When I started with the 44-40 in '96, I had to buy two boxes of factory ammo (Rem, or Win., don't remember which). Took me about a  week to find some. Used those 100 cases for almost two years. I called everywhere looking for cases. I don't think Starline was in business then. If they were, I didn't know about them.  When I did see 44-40 brass at a gunshow, I was happier than a fat rat in a cheese factory. Is the booklet going to be available for sale ??

Isom

And now I sit around with a couple thousand...Fun to play with....

Texas Lizard

Almost want to get rid of my 45 colt Rugers...I said almost....

3 hours ago, Isom Dart, SASS#8096 said:

You really are doing some in-depth work Jack. Must keep you busy.

Isom

Been working about 8 hours now just on the WWI export boxes. I am still totally confused!!!!! :blink:

Untitled.jpg

Don't be too hard on me. This is a work in progress and I will edit, change, add to etc as often as I can. The Version/Patch is nothing more than the date. I will also be adding "credits" where I can remember.

5-14-2020
Version 5.20 Patch 14

There is no such animal but it helps me keep track,,,,this is not easy, I am drained! I wont be making any followup posts. If you are interested, visit the link below and read down the page to the Version/Patch download link.
Cheers!!

LINK

Archived