SASS Wire Forum

Lopsided SBH Hammers?

Jaan

I sure hope some of you fellers never win one of my gun carts. Oh the pictures you could post, just sayin.

I think You'z Guy'z Seriously need to Go Outside .... The Cabin Fever is Gittin' To Ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol:

I mean Com'on........

Dont Everybody Know that the reason the Hammer is wider on one side than the other is to Balance the Gun....

If it shoots to the Right then a little extra weight on the Left side of the Hammer will straighten it out or vicey-versey !!!

On 5/12/2020 at 11:47 AM, Jaan said:

My birthday was last week, so Midway USA gave me a pretty decent discount (thank you!) so I went ahead and bout a couple of Super Blackhawk hammers for my Vaqueros.  They are both machined "lopsided".  I contacted Ruger and they said they were still functional, they didn't seem to really care.

Is this common?  I'm not trying to make a big deal about it, I used to be a machinist and it just looks sl

RUGER CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBERS

Customer Service - Newport, NH

411 Sunapee Street, Newport, NH 03773

Telephone: 336-949-5200 / Fax: 603-863-6165

(Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm ET)

Customer Service - Prescott, AZ

200 Ruger Road, Prescott, AZ 86301

Telephone: 336-949-5200 / Fax: 928-541-8835

(Monday through Friday 6:00am - 4:00pm MST)

Customer Service - Mayodan, NC

271 Cardwell Road, Mayodan, NC 27027

Telephone: 336-949-5200 / Fax: 336-949-5300

(Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm ET)

Ok, so this subject has been in the back of my mind for a while. I was in the safe today, and noticed my Super Blackhawk that doesn’t get to the range very often. Note to self, take your 44mag to the range more often, it is fun to shoot. 
so I thought I would look at the hammer. I bought this in 1987! My first centerfire handgun. The hammer is not perfect. So, this issue isn’t necessarily a new issue.

not too worried about it, just thought I would add the “historical” perspective. 

0CF7AAAF-CCE4-46DB-B063-1BC54E35B980.jpeg

Archived