SASS Wire Forum

Big salute!

Saw one a those big ole birds again the other day. A C-17. I thought it was coming in to the Charlotte airport to deliver supplies like a couple of weeks ago. Flew pretty close to the apartment. Then it flew by again a few minutes later. I though that was odd as there certainly couldn’t be enough air traffic for it to have to make another orbit. Then it came over again and flew off before I could get video.

Turns out it was circling the hospital about 2 miles away in salute of the medical folks. Pretty cool.

A couple of weeks ago I was in town picking up groceries and as I was putting them in my truck 5 RCMP vehicles, 2 peace officer vehicles, 1 fire chief vehicle and 3 fire trucks all with lights and sirens going entered the store parking lot and continued on through.  It turned out they were just doing a salute throughout the town to the medical staff at the hospital.

The RCAF Snowbirds arobatic team is touring all over Canada over the next couple of weeks, it is supposed to be a public moral builder.

1 hour ago, DocWard said:

C-7? Maybe a C-5 or a C-17?

C-17

B2s from Whiteman AFB flew over Missouri hospitals last Friday afternoon in a salute to health care workers.  Here’s the one that went over our neighborhood on its mission.

So glad they are on our side (planes and workers both!)

6063C6BB-FA18-43A8-A3BB-FC1B6DF29353.jpeg.b70db636fa63b27bdaf39cdca97e0b52.jpeg

I watched the RCAF Snowbirds overfly my place not too far from Uplands Airport. 

Nice tight formation but just a flypast, no aerobatics.

I was at the Tucson Rodeo a couple-three of years ago and the dude on the P.A. apologized for the noise the fighter jets from Davis AFB were making. 

My comment was, "It sounds like freedom to me."

Archived