SASS Wire Forum

Stinky money. Covid 19

Sawmill Mary prepared match scores yesterday and counted up the loot for deposit.   She brought the envelope over and stuck it under my nose. "Smell",  she commanded.  PeeeUee! It stunk of disinfectant!  

Many businesses are reluctant or refusing to take cash now, I understand.  I'm sure THEY would be very happy to go to a society of all electronic monetary transfer system.  What better way to track your movements, buying habits, and to collect taxes?  Once cash is outlawed,   you may have some grace period to deposit it.  Of course,  you'll have to declare it as income and taxed.

https://abc7.com/coronavirus-covid-19-risks-young-people/6032432/

Warden,

Thank you for the perspective of another potential danger from Covid-19.

Anyone who doesn’t like their dirty money can send it to me! Please!

1 hour ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

Without Covid 19, money is the filthiest thing you handle on a regular basis. And it's said every $100 bill has traces of cocaine!

Not to mention all of the cash that passes through strip clubs and the places it's "seen." :o

I don’t think I’ve used cash for two months. There’s no slot in my computer to stick it in. ;)

I've recently discovered that I can take a picture of a check with my phone and deposit it into the checking account.  Amazing.  The kids tell me this has been around for a while.  I guess I'm just catching up.  I may never have to go to the bank again.

8 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I've recently discovered that I can take a picture of a check with my phone and deposit it into the checking account.  Amazing.  The kids tell me this has been around for a while.  I guess I'm just catching up.  I may never have to go to the bank again.

Yep, I just bought a pair of revolvers and paid that way. Kind of neat and kind of scary at the same time.

7 hours ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

Without Covid 19, money is the filthiest thing you handle on a regular basis. And it's said every $100 bill has traces of cocaine!

And this is why I've always laundered my money....

Howdy,

About a year back a coin came out of a roll of halves.

It was black. So dirty I wasn't sure what it was.

After a good long wash I found it was a Franklin half.

Silver. 

Best

CR

21 hours ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

If one bill in a 100 has actually been in contact with cocaine, the traces of the drug will spread to all the others, and as money moves around traces will spread too.

I seldomly use plastic and when I do it is for an online purchase. I find if I use cash, I simply spend less money.

Warden, you are exactly correct in your statement on going all electronic currency. Taxes on every transaction. Tracking every purchase made. Every single one.  Etc...

While electronic is handy it certainly comes with its share of potential problems than cash does not.

One benefit I still get with cash when I shop at smaller businesses is I always ask if they offer a cash discount. They are only too happy to take cash and I usually save up to 10% on each purchase. I recently made a automotive parts purchase and cash saved me 10%, got a couple smaller parts thrown in and no taxes paid. I'm happy with that.  No discounts for cards anywhere I have found unless you count the Discover Card cash rebate every year for using their card and that takes us right back to having all your transactions monitored and a total tracking of all your spending habits.

If this society ever goes all electronic currency I suspect there with be on hell of a underground blackmarket for goods and services sprout up. We as Americans are pretty ingenious when it comes to circumventing and fighting what we don't like.

12 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

If this society ever goes all electronic currency I suspect there with be on hell of a underground blackmarket for goods and services sprout up. We as Americans are pretty ingenious when it comes to circumventing and fighting what we don't like.

We barter also.  We have two brothers farming our pasture land.  They have built miles of new fences,  fertilise every year,  mow pastures and spray for weed and thorn bush control.   Also,  they are real handy help a lot of time. No money changes hands. 

4 minutes ago, Warden Callaway said:

We barter also.  We have two brothers farming our pasture land.  They have built miles of new fences,  fertilise every year,  mow pastures and spray for weed and thorn bush control.   Also,  they are real handy help a lot of time. No money changes hands. 

Bartering works, always has. A great form of commerce.

I'd be more than happy to mow a yard for a box of ammo, a steak dinner, a pecan pie! ;)

Archived