SASS Wire Forum

WTB- Original 1873’s, Colt 1st Gen’s, Lighting/Thunders.

Looking to buy Original 1873 rifles, Colt 1st gen’s , Colt Lightning /Thunder revolvers. Really looking for more of project guns than collector safe queens. 
Might be a long shot but you never know what some of you might have stuck back :) 
please PM me with any I formation.

Slick 

I've got

Colt SAA made in 1915. 44WCF "Frontier SiX Shooter" with a 4 3/4" barrel.  Gun is mis matched, #'s on the frame, grip frame and trigger guard are different.  Gun is tight and has a really good bore for the year.  $1,500

1st model 1873 rifle in 44WCF. Made in 1886 it's a 24" rifle, maybe relined.    Reblued, good wood with a tang sight Good shooter.   $1,400.00

I have a Colt Lightning that I have had for over 20 years. I replaced a part that allowed it to work in double action again, and it is all there, including a pair of MOP grips, but little finish left on the gun.  I can send you pics and you send me an offer, as it is a gun I really don't have a lot of attachment to, unlike most of the rest.  I can also be contacted at whytelw AT comcast DOT net 

I listed not long ago a 1873 rifle and 1st gen colt made in 1898 with letter.  Has been refinished and barrel changed per the letter.  44.40.  I'll let the 1873 go for 1000 as it needs a new magazine tube spring but is accurate.   2500 for the colt saa.

5 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

I listed not long ago a 1873 rifle and 1st gen colt made in 1898 with letter.  Has been refinished and barrel changed per the letter.  44.40.  I'll let the 1873 go for 1000 as it needs a new magazine tube spring but is accurate.   2500 for the colt saa.

Pm Sent, well it says you can’t receive messages. Interested in pics of the 73, try to fix your messenger and I’ll send you my contact info.

emptied the box some more. I also put the adds for the Colt and Winchester back to the top so you can see the pictures.  I have since found that Dixie Gun Works has the replacement spring  but I have not ordered it yet.

Ive got an original shooter 73 in 38-40, round barrel that's been cut down.  Functions.  I bought it for measurements to make replacement parts and to shoot classic cowboy,   I have the measurements and I can't bring myself to use it roughly. 

Hi Slick, I have a couple of them.  Call me when you can tomorrow, will give you info on these.  One is colt 41 DA and other is 38 colt.  New nr is 337.396.1142.

...crosscut hardy

Hope all is well with you and fam.

11 hours ago, Slick McClade said:

E.D.

sent you a pm

Replied

I have a first gen Colt in 38-40, from 1909, I think.  I had it listed on the Colt forum a while back.  Hammer is a replacement, so some of the guts may not work correct with a correct hammer.  I just shoot it the way it is.  The price in the Colt ad is high, because a few fellows over there like to haggle.  I can't list it here, because I am not an SASS member.

Link: https://www.coltforum.com/threads/usfa-38-wcf-colt-1st-gen-38-wcf-added.365773/#post-3076781

The first gen is listed on post #9 in the for sale link.

PA240019 (1024x768).jpg

PA230001 (1024x768).jpg

PA230002 (1024x768).jpg

PA230007 (1024x768).jpg

Archived