SASS Wire Forum

WTB forearm for 1897

6 hours ago, Bush Morgan said:

Hello

i just joined this community and I saw your post.

My friend has the exact same thing you're interested in

text him on here *************

SCAM ALERT

19 minutes ago, Fireball #7709 Life said:

His friend apparently has one of everything that is posted WTB...LOL!

Funny how that works out.:angry:

Snuffy, Check with Outlaw Gambler at Classic Old West Arms. He'll probably have it.

1 hour ago, jeeper90 said:

I don't  understand, why is the a SCAM?

Smokewagon Grampies 

Really?   Well, a (1) brand new person that (2) we've never heard of before has a (3) friend who (4) has everything that folks are looking for.

The "seller or referrer" is looking for suckers to send a picture of an item to, fellow typically does not really have the item (just found a picture on web), but puts a reasonable price on it. Says send me the funds in an easily cashed and untraceable form (Walmart gift cards are a favorite, Bitcoin is asked for for something expensive).   Sucker sends the money, "seller/friend" never will reply to any attempts to contact him.  Info he used to register for the forum will typically be bogus as well.  The phone number that sucker used to contact "friend" will be a burner phone that is trashed if anyone complains about the transaction.

If 4 strikes don't make an out, I'll eat a computer security manual (and those don't taste very good).

Good luck, GJ

A few more "possible" warning indicators:

Phone number search (on various sites) brings up multiple names and/or locations, often tagged as "possible or verified" scam numbers.

Suspicious email address used to log on to this site (the moderators have access to that information).

Log-in name not the same as "alias" used in text.

Sorry for being slow, but...

Where did the Bush Morgan post come from?

Did Bush Morgan reply to Snuffy's post?

I can surely see how his post is bogus, but where did it come from to begin with?

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Brazos John said:

Sorry for being slow, but...

Where did the Bush Morgan post come from?

Did Bush Morgan reply to Snuffy's post?

I can surely see how his post is bogus, but where did it come from to begin with?

Thanks.

His post was removed by a moderator.

On 5/12/2020 at 10:09 PM, Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 said:

Really?   Well, a (1) brand new person that (2) we've never heard of before has a (3) friend who (4) has everything that folks are looking for.

The "seller or referrer" is looking for suckers to send a picture of an item to, fellow typically does not really have the item (just found a picture on web), but puts a reasonable price on it. Says send me the funds in an easily cashed and untraceable form (Walmart gift cards are a favorite, Bitcoin is asked for for something expensive).   Sucker sends the money, "seller/friend" never will reply to any attempts to contact him.  Info he used to register for the forum will typically be bogus as well.  The phone number that sucker used to contact "friend" will be a burner phone that is trashed if anyone complains about the transaction.

If 4 strikes don't make an out, I'll eat a computer security manual (and those don't taste very good).

Good luck, GJ

Ease down Seabiscuit!  I think the gentleman needed to be made aware, not arguing with you. There are plenty of people who are caught unaware and you are doing him a service in telling him why. Thank you for listing the various reasons/warning signs he and probably others here should watch out for. 

Archived