SASS Wire Forum

Shipping BP Subs

UPS seems to be the norm. Pretty sure powders including subs fall under the ammunition category and is shipped using the same process. I dont use ups for much of anything myself.  You'll need to double check and not just take my word for it with UPS shipping.  https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-center/packaging-and-supplies/special-care-shipments/hazardous-materials/shipping-ammunition.page

Shipping via fedex is possible but to do it correctly via their terms of service requires "training". Kind of a pain if you're only going to do it once or twice in a lifetime but it's worth it if you ship frequently and have an account with them. it's not terribly difficult. i've done their training for animals and it's basically the same process. you ship them a "fake" item properly packaged in accordance to their policies. talk to your rep and they will walk you through it. https://www.fedex.com/content/dam/fedex/us-united-states/services/HazMat-FXG-shipping-guide.pdf

My experience with UPS is that not just anybody can ship hazmat by paying a "hazmat fee". You have to be a commercial shipper and be approved by them. The hazmat fee you pay as a customer goes to the seller to compensate for time and effort filling out the extra paperwork, not UPS.

Loaded ammo is shipped as ORMD, not hazmat.

1 hour ago, Rattlesnake Slim said:

My experience with UPS is that not just anybody can ship hazmat by paying a "hazmat fee". You have to be a commercial shipper and be approved by them. The hazmat fee you pay as a customer goes to the seller to compensate for time and effort filling out the extra paperwork, not UPS.

Loaded ammo is shipped as ORMD, not hazmat.

^^^^^^ This!

Archived