SASS Wire Forum

WARNING: SERMON!
Back in 19 and 98, as was my habit, I called Mama and my grandmothers to wish them each a Happy Mommy's Day.
Grandma Keller had COPD and she had wind enough for a 30 second conversation ... if I talked for 25 of the 30.
I told her "Happy Mommy's Day, Grandma, I love you!"
She said "I love you too, sweetie, you never forget me!"
Next day she was dead.
This, then, is the lesson:
Withhold not that one kind word.
If I'd not told her I loved her, on that last conversation, that would haunt me for the rest of my entire life!

My mom turned 93 a couple of weeks ago and lives in Illinois. She is starting to get dementia, but I called her on her birthday and again on Mother's Day and I always, repeat ALWAYS end our conversations with I Love You. I call her every week because I never know what the future will bring. Going back to Illinois in September to visit family I hope my mom will still be there to hug.

I lost both my folks. Both knew I loved them very much when they passed. My wife, kids and I never say goodbye without ending with "I love you."

My grandma was in the hospital with end stage liver cancer. During my last visit, she found the strength to hold my hand and mouth “I love you.”, which I whispered back in her ear. 

She passed the next morning, and I am at peace and with joy looking forward to the reunion. 

Sadly my mother passed away April 2, 2020 after a two year battle with a terminal cancer. She lives about 250 miles away from me but for the last two years I have gone over to take care of groceries, out to dinner, bills etc. every weekend except in the winter when the passes are chain lawed or closed. The last time I saw her was the Monday before she passed and we spoke of looking forward to being together again that coming weekend. I told her how much my wife and I loved her and she said how she loved my all of us. It was a blessing that she passed as she did in her home (86 1/2 years old) and that my brother had come up from Texas to do tax stuff for her (he was there when she passed). She is now in a better place though those of us still here really miss her.

Lesson from all of that is don't miss an opportunity to tell your loved ones how much they mean to you because you may not get a another chance to do so.

Regards

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Archived