SASS Wire Forum

New Profession: Starling neutering

Until recently, I didn't realize I was a professional Starling and Cowbird 'neuterer'.

But I must share this to anyone who wants to become a Professional Starling Neuterer (PSN):   

Starlings and Cowbirds have a low tolerance to pain.  Often times, during the neutering process, they sadly

pass away.  

In the other thread by Allie Mo about rattlesnakes,  TN Williams post a pix of the 74" 'Jurassic' rattlesnake that he tried to neuter.

It also had a low tolerance to pain and sadly passed away.

..........Widder

Years ago I was guiding a fairly new Bowhunter on a  Mule Deer , Whitetail hunt ....

After spending two days hunting the Coulees and River banks and a bunch of missed opportunities , he wouldn't stay where I put him ...

I sent him to still hunt along a Creek till he came to a meadow where he was to climb into a stand placed in a big cottonwood over -looking a pool  and two trails ....

When I came to collect him after doing a slow push of deer toward him he could hardly talk ,,, I asked him if he had shot a deer as he looked very excited ....

He had missed shots on 4 different bucks ,,,, But what really got him excited was ,,, " You sent me Sneaking and Crawling through this tangle where this boy out grew this "  he then showed me a freshly shed Rattle Snake skin over 11 feet in length ...

That was the one and only season he bowhunted ... He finished out the hunt by having me walk him to his stand each day and he wandered  Not one Foot from where I put him ... he ended up missing on 5 more bucks , 3 dandy Whitetails and 2 Mule Deer ...

Jabez Cowboy

52 minutes ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Years ago I was guiding a fairly new Bowhunter on a  Mule Deer , Whitetail hunt ....

After spending two days hunting the Coulees and River banks and a bunch of missed opportunities , he wouldn't stay where I put him ...

I sent him to still hunt along a Creek till he came to a meadow where he was to climb into a stand placed in a big cottonwood over -looking a pool  and two trails ....

When I came to collect him after doing a slow push of deer toward him he could hardly talk ,,, I asked him if he had shot a deer as he looked very excited ....

He had missed shots on 4 different bucks ,,,, But what really got him excited was ,,, " You sent me Sneaking and Crawling through this tangle where this boy out grew this "  he then showed me a freshly shed Rattle Snake skin over 11 feet in length ...

That was the one and only season he bowhunted ... He finished out the hunt by having me walk him to his stand each day and he wandered  Not one Foot from where I put him ... he ended up missing on 5 more bucks , 3 dandy Whitetails and 2 Mule Deer ...

Jabez Cowboy

Sounds like he was bred to starve to death on his own.

1 hour ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

showed me a freshly shed Rattle Snake skin over 11 feet in length ...

Man, 11 feet long? I would be looking for that big boy just to get a photo.

13 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Until recently, I didn't realize I was a professional Starling and Cowbird 'neuterer'.

But I must share this to anyone who wants to become a Professional Starling Neuterer (PSN):   

Starlings and Cowbirds have a low tolerance to pain.  Often times, during the neutering process, they sadly

pass away.  

In the other thread by Allie Mo about rattlesnakes,  TN Williams post a pix of the 74" 'Jurassic' rattlesnake that he tried to neuter.

It also had a low tolerance to pain and sadly passed away.

..........Widder

Gotta be careful with rattlesnakes. I accidentally ran over one 23 times one day and it died unexpectedly. Probably from carona.

32 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Gotta be careful with rattlesnakes. I accidentally ran over one 23 times one day and it died unexpectedly. Probably from carona.

What makes this story fascinating is that MOST of us Wire Pards are surprised you can count up to 23.

:lol:

..........Widder

7 hours ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Widder , be nice He can mostly count ta 24 +++++

Ten Rifle , ten Pistols ,,, 4+ Shotgun  ...In his case  4 ++++

Jabez Cowboy 

I just now put it together why when I'm counting fast, I always go back to 1 after I say 10.:o

6 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

I just now put it together why when I'm counting fast, I always go back to 1 after I say 10.:o

Well, I'll say this much about TN Williams and his math skills.......... he never has any trouble counting

up to atleast 2 or 3 whenever he spots for me.

:o

..........Widder

16 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

What makes this story fascinating is that MOST of us Wire Pards are surprised you can count up to 23.

:lol:

..........Widder

I don't believe he can. I think his wife was with him and she did the counting :P:lol::lol::lol:

32 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Well, I'll say this much about TN Williams and his math skills.......... he never has any trouble counting

up to atleast 2 or 3 whenever he spots for me.

:o

..........Widder

Next time try missing 10 and see if he don't tell the TO 0. 

21 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I don't believe he can. I think his wife was with him and she did the counting :P:lol::lol::lol:

The way I heerd it, his Missus stands close enough to holler at him: Shoot, Now the next one,and another... then STOP! SHOOTIN!

That's why he likes the new rules. He can just eject the surplus cartridges.

Actually, and Tyrel and Imis will confirm this story,  TN Williams is THE ONLY shooter I know that

when his family members come to a Cowboy shoot, THEY request to be on another posse..... :lol:

..........Widder

4 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Actually, and Tyrel and Imis will confirm this story,  TN Williams is THE ONLY shooter I know that

when his family members come to a Cowboy shoot, THEY request to be on another posse..... :lol:

..........Widder

Now that you mention it, the few times that I've possied with him, neither his wife or daughter were any where around...

Archived