SASS Wire Forum

Replica badges

Turkey Flats Jack

Specifically replica railway police badges. Anyone have a GOOD source for them? Or even maybe some place that wont break the bank to make one? I'm open to any that might be neat looking to me but i'd really like to find one for the CH&D railway. I've looked a little on ebay, amazon, and even a few collectors sites. I haven't ever seen one for the CH&D dont know if they even had one but I dont have a problem making one up lol. Thanks 

What company is the  “CH&D”?

Cat Brules

Cincinnati, Hamilton and Dayton Railway (1846–1917)

Jack might be referring to this 

24 minutes ago, Cat Brules said:

What company is the  “CH&D”?

Cat Brules

18 minutes ago, Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 said:

Cincinnati, Hamilton and Dayton Railway (1846–1917)

Jack might be referring to this 

Yes sir I am, Thanks

Well, maybe you could check eBay.

Also, there are companies that make custom replica badges.  If you have a good photograph of an existing badge, you might be able th have a replica badge copy made fo maybe $50-$80.  I know there are at least a couple companies that make copies of badges.

There are a lot of people who are interested in railroading, so maybe there are forums similar to ours where you could inquire about an original badge.

Cat Brules

Try Here: https://www.uniformswarehouse.com/custombadge?p=badge

Here is what our local badges look like:

IMG_1090 (1).jpg

• 2 weeks later...

“Badges? We ain’t got no badges! We don’t need no badges! I don’t have to show you any stinking badges!” 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the suggestions. I ended up having one made to suit me. Ended up being $35 shipped with all the extra engraving. I feel like it was a bargain and I'm completely happy with it. I got it from pieces of history. The base model was cheaper than the others and they offered additional stuff for a few dollars more.

IMG_20200611_180047946.jpg

Archived