SASS Wire Forum

Shakin my head at sundown

While walking the chicken parm carbs off after dinner I notice a number of the Millenial types were out on their west facing balconies. A nice sunset appeared to be taking shape. But as I looked closer, while trying to maintain my 3.5 mph pace, I noticed nobody was looking at nature’s end-of-day heavenly portrait. They were all absorbed with their smartphones. I did see one fella put away his phone reach down and pet his dog
”Okay”, I thought. “At least one guy is simpatico. He’s going to sit back and watch the wonder”.

Then he picked up his craft beer and went back in the apartment. 
At least the dog stayed put.

:(

The key here is to just forget about everyone else and enjoy the scenery for yourself. 

I noticed something very similar wham watching the sunset in Huntington Beach, CA a few times down at the beach. People staring at or trying the take photos with their smart phones. 
One lady was trying so hard to get a selfie with herself and her boyfriend and catch the sunset in the background all the glorious scenery behind her turned dark as she kept fiddling with her phone to get the. “right effects” for her pictures. I am not sure if she got a satisfactory photo...don’t care, really. 

People have become mentally lame through the use of smart phones. 

A while back my wife and I had our daughter, son-in-law and grandson over. We were seated on the back patio talking when things got quiet. Everyone was staring at their phones. I started to say something when I noticed a Mockingbird messing with a squirrel. I took a short video of it and texted to all of them as we say there. 
My Grandson laughed at the video and then my wife, daughter and son-in-law watched the video on their phones. 
My wife said “Where did you get that video?”

I said “I got it while sitting right here with all of you just a few minutes ago. I was going to point it out but I thought maybe you all might notice it if I sent it to you seeing as how y’all spend more time staring at your phones than living.”

Yesterday they came over for Mother's Day. As we sat on the patio everyone left their phones alone. We had a nice time. Funny how that works...

11 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

The key here is to just forget about everyone else and enjoy the scenery for yourself. 

I got no scenery. Nothing but buildings. The apartment faces towards buildings higher than ours. Sigh.

Most people on Earth do not deserve to enjoy nature or scenery.

It's their loss not mine.

And I have never tried to talk anyone into paying attention to it, just because they may see it, enjoy it and want to move into it and disrupt it even more than it is being disrupted now.

Here ya go Bob. Sunrise and sunset from my place. But, remember the best place is with your wife. They are always our sunrise and sunset.

002.JPG

014 (3).JPG

2 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

iQI8Dd.jpg

Rub it in why don’t ya.:angry::P

Soon I hope.

Haven’t been this homesick in 50 years.

F944B04F-93D8-400E-87CB-C52654BAB2CE.jpeg

677A3061-81C5-4CC1-9758-DECCA0C9E7B2.jpeg

9161D90F-C278-4A8A-9B3A-DB6BCF46C45C.jpeg

Archived