SASS Wire Forum

Carpal tunnel

Ringer

Good luck Ringer, just be careful, I had a friend that went into the hospital with a stomach ache and they sent her home with a baby.  Just saying...check you bags before you leave.

1 hour ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Good luck Ringer, just be careful, I had a friend that went into the hospital with a stomach ache and they sent her home with a baby.  Just saying...check you bags before you leave.

Now that would be funny.  Ringer goes in for Carpal Tunnel and comes out with a baby.  :o

@Ringer  when you can let us know how it went.

Good luck Ringer.

I had one hand done a few years before other and both done by orthopedic surgeons.  I believe I saw a neurologist for tests first in both cases but surgery done by OS.

Before I got the second hand done my original surgeon moved so I found another. The second I still use for other orthopedic issues.  In fact, some time after I started going to him I began dating Sassy, his mother-in-law.  Guess one could say he is now my son-in-law and he has not kicked me off his patient list yet.

Worked with a guy who was fighting it, a very rough disabling condition. He was afraid to get the surgery so he was dealing with it. While I’ve used my hands for a lot of heavy work I don’t have carpel tunnel but I do think I have developed CMC thumb on both hands. That hurts too. Looking at getting a couple of thumb braces to experiment with when we get back shooting again. I’ve said before, getting old is not for wussies. Stay safe all.

I think I had CMC thumb. I say I think because she (the hand surgeon) called it basal joint arthritis. I had surgery and it hasn't given me any problems since. The rest of that hand is problematic.

She removed the joint and replaced it with a tendon that was grafted from my arm. I wore a brace while it was healing and did PT. Ed, you might look into that.

Glad it went well Ringer, we missed you this weekend. Finely got to shoot a match.

28 minutes ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Glad it went well Ringer, we missed you this weekend. Finely got to shoot a match.

Wish I could have made it. I need the practice.:rolleyes:

Bandage came off this morning.

Looks good, 3 stiches. Looks like 4lb. fishing line.:D

Now comes the hard part, letting it heal and not pushing the recovery too quickly.

Ready to get the other one done.

Archived