SASS Wire Forum

Mr. Shorty

Three Foot Johnson

I haven't shot this .38 1866 in a few years, so I got it out, cleaned it up, and took it to a match yesterday. Sometime during the match, an inspiration struck... an inspiration to make a 10 shot "Trapper". A 16" Trapper only holds 9, so I did some measuring and determined 17" would work well to hold 10, even with 158 grainers, so by 10:30 last night, the Trapbine was born. :)

Why? Ummm... I got nothin'. :P

I'll step outside this morning and see how it works. :)

1866_01.jpg

I'll bring it to Black Horse next weekend and wring it out. If you bring cookies, I might even let you shoot it! :P

I thought you were changing your alias again.:P

:D Absolutely Fine '66 Three Foot :lol:

I was bitten by the same bug some Lustrum ago.  Here is my 1866 TRAPPER in 44 Special.  Added an Adirondack Jack specialty carrier block and run it with 44 Russian.  10 in the Magazine just fine.  Short guns are wonderful.

IMG_0314.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

Measured from the case head, there's quite a difference between Mr. Shorty and my 18" revolvers!  :lol:

1866_04.jpg

So, are we doing shorties or 25-20's next weekend?  I just received my 25 cal bullets yesterday.

3 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

:D Absolutely Fine '66 Three Foot :lol:

I was bitten by the same bug some Lustrum ago.  Here is my 1866 TRAPPER in 44 Special.  ...

OK, did anybody else have to look up "Lustrum"?

Archived