SASS Wire Forum

Unique powder for 12 ga loading info

I know someone had it on here and I could not find the post for it. I just finished my last bottle of Clays and have a pretty full 4lb jug of unique. In the past someone had given some data for a light load. I have been loading 7/8oz loads for my wife. Any info would be appreciated and if you know which Mec bushing I would need to use.

Thanks

Hochbauer

I like 17 to 17.5 hrs Unique with 1 or 7/8 oz shot. Claybuster’s green 8100 wad worked well for me. Got the load data from OLG. I find that MEC bushings 26 or 27 put the load in that range.

3 hours ago, Caboose said:

I like 17 to 17.5 hrs Unique with 1 or 7/8 oz shot. Claybuster’s green 8100 wad worked well for me. Got the load data from OLG. I find that MEC bushings 26 or 27 put the load in that range.

That will do ;)

OLG 

5 hours ago, Caboose said:

What hull do you use?

My favorite hull is Remington Gun Club for my 87’s. But I’m sure Winchester AA or Remington STS would work as well.

Archived