SASS Wire Forum

Would you like this?

Alpo

mail.jpg.e03223836539bc2c30e229e5650cf306.jpg

Magnum Research tribute to Trump. MSRP four grand.

50AE.

Personally, these "tribute guns" and "commemorative guns" don't do anything for me. Some people must like them, because they keep making them. But the term "fugly" pops to mind.

No. Not looking like that and not in a caliber that going to cost my paycheck to shoot. The ammo is $1.50 to $3 per round.

GunsAmerica gives a gun away every week. The Great Gun Giveaway. New one comes up every Sunday.

This is this week's.

If I was registered and then won, I would sell it to buy a pre-1900 Colt Frontier Six Shooter. 

No problem if I won it. Would never buy it.

When I first signed up, they did it once a month, and you had to try for each one. If you skipped a month, they purged you out of the system and you had to sign in again.

So I would try for every one. No matter how hokey it was. I figured if I won I could sell it. I could probably take a brand new rifle down to a gun shop and sell it to them for half MSRP. I'm sure that is less than what their cost would be. And if all I had in it was a $25 call in charge, I could afford to sell a $1,500 gun for $700.

When they changed to weekly they also dropped the "must-try for all of them" requirement, and I pass more than I sign up.

Passing on this one also.

Just now, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

Magnum Research should present on to him. I’d love to hear his remarks.....

If they list an MSRP for it, I'm sure it is not a one of.

We sold 4 of the Trump 1911s by Auto Ordnance to one buyer, and have sold at least 20 total...these at no less than $1050 a gun.  We just ordered our 2nd Trump Thompson, and I believe it's pre-sold at $2250.00

I was given an engraved 9mm Hi-power many decades ago.

I looked at it.

Put it in the safe and there it stayed for a few years, never shot.

Eventually, I sold it to someone else. 

Who put it in a safe and never shot it.

So. What is it?

An expensive paper-weight?

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

Personally, these "tribute guns" and "commemorative guns" don't do anything for me. Some people must like them, because they keep making them. But the term "fugly" pops to mind.

Yep.  While I might admire the work that went into making the mould (or mold) for the MIM, and sometimes the firearms are pretty, I can't see myself owning one.  

I used to own one minus all the glitter. Wasn’t too bad to shoot but it weighed as much as an anvil. I went to 454 freedom arms after that

No.  Ported.

Even so, what does "looks" have to do with it? Intentionally, Desert Eagles are all utt buggly, regardless of trim level!

Archived