SASS Wire Forum

To be governed....

To be governed is to be watched, inspected, spied upon, directed, law-driven, numbered, regulated, enrolled, indoctrinated, preached at, controlled, checked, estimated, valued, censured, commanded, by creatures who have neither the right nor the wisdom nor the virtue to do so.”- Pierre-Joseph Proudhon

13 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

And the alternative would be what, exactly?

LL

Anarchy. Which Proudhon was all about. 

2 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

And the alternative would be what, exactly?

LL

To wander around in nomadic bands that self govern without persons whose sole role is to see to the administration of rules and their enforcement.

I could care less about government or Proudhon. The statement itself, about being in the position of being governed, is it true or not?

1 hour ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

To wander around in nomadic bands that self govern without persons whose sole role is to see to the administration of rules and their enforcement.

I could care less about government or Proudhon. The statement itself, about being in the position of being governed, is it true or not?

It is not a universal truth in my opinion. His statement on governed is at the extreme end of the scale. Seeing as how he was French, I can understand how he formed that opinion.

1 hour ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

So, to live a stone age existence?

I find myself being generally libertarian, as in I prefer the smallest government, with the least laws and regulations as possible. At their roots, democracies and democratic republics are governments by the people themselves, even if via representatives. Thus, "we get the government we deserve," and to the extent the statement is true, the people only have themselves to blame.

Archived