SASS Wire Forum

Huglu hammered coachgun

Orient Express

Seeing as the other Huglu coachgun thread has been archived, can anyone tell me if the hammered coachgun has correctly functioning hammers?

I know some of the other hammered coachguns have "fake" hammers so want to make sure the Huglu hammers function correctly.

They are real Hammers ...

I have been shooting Mine for Two seasons in FCD ...

I love the easy clean up and no snake of wad stuff ....

I even used it for a round of Cowboy Clays at the Canadian Nationals this past year ...

I must really like the gun as it has lured me away from shooting my 16 ga. hammered Doubles all the time ....

If it Came in 16 ga. with 24 inch barrels to would be the "Perfect Shotgun"

Jabez Cowboy

4 hours ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

They are real Hammers ...

Yes, real hammers :)

If the gun isn't stock at your shop you might wait some time, ...or you just get luckier than me, I have my second one on order for a couple of month now :mellow:

Equanimous

I just cleaned mine and put it in the safe. Shot it yesterday at our local match. Love that little gun.  I'm sure it's the only gun I have that is box stock.  

If you get one, don't send it off to be "slicked up".  It'll be stiff to start with but after shooting a flat or two through it, it'll smooth right out.  And I'll add my minority opinion - don't polish the chambers.  They are ment to be rough. 

The Chambers and Bores are Hard Chomed ,,, So Do Not Hone ...

I second the just shoot it ,,,, it will settle in and serve you nicely ...

They are Nice guns ALL THE SCREWS including those on the Case-hardened Butt plate are "Timed" 

I have seen guns selling for three times the Price that don't show such fine attention to detail ...

Jabez Cowboy

I have the CZ Hammered Coach Classic, HUGLU.

Real, rebounding hammered pins.

I shoot a pile of Hammer Doubles.  Two TTN/Cimarron 1878s, A Pedersoli Wyatt Earp, A new Pietta/EMF 1878 and two antiques.  The Cimarron/TTN guns are a bit crude but hell for stout and are currently out of stock everywhere.  The Pedersoli is a High End shotgun and the Price matches that.  The Pietta/EMF 1878 looks an awful lot like the Pedersoli with a lower price.   The Huglu guns appear nice but I have no actual experience with one so can't comment.  Cimarron also has an 1878 replica made in Pakistan, currently out of stock, I also can't comment.  Never touched one of the Pakistan guns.

Archived