SASS Wire Forum

Found a couple!!WTB Old model Blackhawk .45 Colt

I’m looking for a used old model Blackhawk in .45 Colt. Not wanting a safe queen or some “never fired” collectors’ item.  I want a good solid woods/truck gun that may not be too pretty, but that I can shoot “Ruger only” loads through. A  Super Blackhawk that’s of similar description and reasonably priced will work too. I prefer a 7.5” barrel, but others will do.

Yeah! “Cheap” is what I am!!  I’m looking for a bargain and ain’t embarrassed to say so!

WHADAYA’GOT????

I DO have a few guns that I might be willing to trade!!  

A Rossi 92 in .44 magnum comes to mind.

PM me with what ya’ have!!

BTT

Going up!

I'm nothing if not persistent!!

A nice fellow offered a .44 magnum old model Blackhawk.  Thank you anyway, but I'm shooting hot .45 Colt ammo!  Don't feel comfortable with a new model Blackhawk either!!

Still looking!!  

Still looking...

Blackwater

Are you looking for a 3 screw made from 1970 to 1973 those can be pricey. if you are looking for a new model pre vaquero those can be had 

for a lot less. I have both. I might be persuaded to part with my old model convertible.

Moses #5964 life

Not looking for a three screw.  I'm looking for the model in between the three screw and the "New Model" that came out just a few years ago.  The "Old Model" is a larger, heavier built gun like the Old Model Vaqueros.  I traded two of the old model convertibles for a pair of model P Juniors and some cash to get my grandson some "right sized" pistols for SASS.

What barrel length do you have??  Ain't really picky.  Just curious!

Blackwater

I would have to get it out of the safe. I believe it is a 4 5/8". It is not a pristine piece it did reenactments on the streets of Tombstone for a while

absolutely nothing wrong mechanically just some finish wear and tear perfect truck gun. The gun is in Az. I am on my way to Texas for a while.

Moses #5964 life

Blackwater

If you will send me a phone number I will text you some pictures. A friend sent me some. I can have it in my hands Monday if you are interested.

Moses  #5964  life

Blackwater, an Old Model Blackhawk is a 3 screw action, In 1973 Ruger came out with the New Model Blackhawk that had the transfer bar on it. These are the heavy duty Blackhawks that will handle the heavy "Ruger Only" loads in the reloading manuals. I'm pretty sure this is what you want,

2 hours ago, Major E A Sterner #12916 said:

Blackwater, an Old Model Blackhawk is a 3 screw action, In 1973 Ruger came out with the New Model Blackhawk that had the transfer bar on it. These are the heavy duty Blackhawks that will handle the heavy "Ruger Only" loads in the reloading manuals. I'm pretty sure this is what you want,

That is correct, but now they have these newer lighter made Blackhawks, similar to the  New Model Vaquero!!  Don't want one of those!!

Thanks, Major!!

You want to look for around a  48 prefix on the serial number, That will get you a large frame "Ruger Only" compatible Blackhawk,There are other higher number prefixes but I'm not as familiar with the new model variations. I'm not sure what year they brought out the lighter frames, Maybe try calling Ruger, They can be very helpful. Good luck on your search.

Blackwater, I have one in the safe that I got last year at the TN Mountain Maradures annual match. Been using it to shoot Jose wales until my back heals and I get my rifle fixed. I'll pull it out of the safe after work today and get you a picture of it. Not sure if it's what you are looking for other than the price is right. 

Thanks Chickamauga!!  I just finished up the deal with Moses!

I might STILL be interested.  Depending on the weather tomorrow, I want to come down to Wartrace!  If you come, bring it!!

Archived