SASS Wire Forum

Browning BL-22 from our fav store Dicks

Dirty Dog Doug

They sent me a 10% off coupon with list of $499 . I figure that would take care of CA very High sales tax. The nice lady rings it up and it came up $265 !!! I asked if they have another one , nope last one in the state. I pay and start CA 10 day waiting period back when it was done in 10 days . As look at my receipts I see Browning has a $75 rebate tooo. so $300 invest in Ammo 

Congratulations..... great deal on a good rifle.

Back in the late 70's/early 80's, I walked into a reputable sporting goods store in downtown Knoxville.

On the shelf was a NEW Winchester 9422.    Priced at $111.00.    

I bought it before anybody in the store realized it had to be a mistake.    Normal price at that time was about $175.

Ya done good.

..........Widder

I should have added this was 4 years ago . When Dicks still did not sell any ARs in CA 

I still shop there for ammo   rem Gun club shells for $4 a box  

Fed 22 LR for $40 for 1600 round after a rebate 

1 hour ago, Turkey Flats Jack said:

That's a good deal. Me personally, i'd be hard pressed to purchase anything from Dicks Sporting Goods even with a 99% off coupon. 

I agree. I have close to $400 in rewards points from my Dick's scorecard. Once they pulled all their anti-gun crap, I swore I wouldn't spend another penny with them and thus far I haven't. 

32 minutes ago, Sawyer said:

For a while Birmingham had the biggest Dick’s In Alabama, but a new one opened in Huntsville.  We now have the biggest Dick’s in Alabama!

And that says A LOT!

:lol:

..........Widder

Kinda off topic... my family grew up in Binghamton NY, the home of Dicks store #1. My grandfather and dad bought bait and fishing gear there. Sad to see they have turned away from their original roots. 

D9135D67-23BB-45F7-8C97-8983CE6DC2B3.jpeg

On 5/9/2020 at 3:57 PM, Turkey Flats Jack said:

That's a good deal. Me personally, i'd be hard pressed to purchase anything from Dicks Sporting Goods even with a 99% off coupon. 

I wouldn't buy anything from Dick's either! They can kiss my A#$

I refuse to set foot in there store ever .

They could be giving away .22 ammo for free and I would NOT Darken their  door .

So Saith The Rooster  

I was talking to a distributor who was a DICKS supplier.

He offered me a some excellent rifle deals that DICKS had ordered previously.

So DICKS decided that they didn't want to sell them anymore.

So I took them up on some good deals cheap.

A WIN for me.

My very first gun was a Browning BL-22 bought at J.C. Penny for $66.00 ! still have it and still enjoy shooting it

Maybe if J.C. Penny still sold that kind of stuff they would have more business...………………………………………………..Spark

mine was marlin from JC pennys . I wore it out and traded it for 10-22 that is still shooten great 

JCP lost my business when they stopped selling carpenter overalls

sad all the stores that used to sell guns

I don't want to high-jack this post.  But I have another DICKs story.

A few years ago in Denver, they advertised 28 ga shells for 20 ga price of $4.99.  And when I called, I verified that it was the correct pricing and if there was a limit.

They said "No limit and the sale was on".  So I went in and asked the ammo manager in person.

He was cool with it and showed me the posted cardboard sign on the Remington shotshell shelf.

So I loaded a whole shopping cart with 28 ga ammo.

When I got to the counter, she scanned a box and said that they were not on sale!

I went to get the same ammo manager.  That SOB lied on what he had just told me minutes before.

He said if I don't want to pay the normal price, then go put them all back on the shotshell shelves.

I told him JUST WHERE IN HIS ANATOMY THAT HE SHOULD PUT 150+ BOXES OF 28 GA SHELLS.

NEVER WILL I EVER DARKEN THEIR DOORS AGAIN!!

OH  I got Dicked on limit before  Rem gun clubs for $4.99 

I ask if there was limit   ..Nope 

so load 10 cases in my cart ..when the ring it up only once case was $4.99 the others where $6.99 . Sorry one case at the sale price .but I can sell each of ladies with you a case at the sale price . I am just surprised they had that many boxes of 28 gauge 

Archived