SASS Wire Forum

California Highway Patrol. Looking Out For Our Safety

Subdeacon Joe

Happy Friday!!!! Western Kern County is looking good this morning. Be safe out there. Looks like one of our officers found an oversized load this morning.

California Trucking Association BigRigShots Truckin' Magazine Truck Drivers U.S.A

Image may contain: one or more people, car, basketball court and outdoor

I thought it was interesting that the CHP essentially disappeared after the CoVid kicked off. I did see them in unmarked cars, which by the way, they cannot legally enforce vehicle codes in. For at least 3 weeks I never saw a CHP on any of the freeways in my area. 

Then about 3 weeks ago all the lighted freeway message signs said “Stay safe. Don’t Speed”. The next day the freeways were crawling with CHP then the next day, nothing.
A few days later there was another lighted sign message that said “Protect Essential Workers - Don’t Speed”. The next day, CHP everywhere. The day after that, nothing. 

I do not get these people...

Maybe SoCal officers headed north?

We also witnessed a definite reduction in local police force presence. 

10 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Maybe SoCal officers headed north?

We also witnessed a definite reduction in local police force presence. 

Could be that they were out on the back roads and state routes to go after the idjits trying to go 170 mph on a mountain road. 

I had to drive 60 miles in the SF bay area to pick up my guns 

5 cars and one van passed me going over 100

I do love the single drivers wearing a Mask 

Sad day here for second month our Local shoot is canceled 

so quiet 22 in my browning BL-22

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

..... I did see them in unmarked cars, which by the way, they cannot legally enforce vehicle codes in......

Interesting.  That must be a California thing.  Lots of PD's around here seem to prefer unmarked cars for traffic enforcement.  Easier to hide.  Me?  I never hid.  If I had to run radar I'd sit right out in the open where everyone could see me.  I figured if they weren't paying enough attention to see me and slow down they deserved a ticket.  I always thought my job was to slow people down and not to see how many tickets I could write.

Angus

1 hour ago, Dirty Dog Doug said:

I had to drive 60 miles in the SF bay area to pick up my guns 

5 cars and one van passed me going over 100

I do love the single drivers wearing a Mask 

Sad day here for second month our Local shoot is canceled 

so quiet 22 in my browning BL-22

Triple D, where do you shoot up that-a-way?

And did you ever get to use the facilities at the Chabot Gun Club before the BHL's shut it down...?  :(

Coyote Valley sporting clays in Morgan hill

Yes  used to shoot trap and skeet at chabot . black power rifle 

never did cowboy shooten there but our range host a Remembering Chabot shoot  

our scout troop would camp and hike to range with 22s bolt actions

I saw two on Fiddletown Road. Crazy! The speed limit is 55 and it is rare you can go that fast.

There is a stretch of HWY 49 South of HWY 16 and N. of Jackson where they are often out. I just turn my cruise control on 55, which is he speed limit. I would never speed there.

Also, never speed on 101 near Legget, CA.

11 minutes ago, Dirty Dog Doug said:

Coyote Valley sporting clays in Morgan hill

Yes  used to shoot trap and skeet at chabot . black power rifle 

never did cowboy shooten there but our range host a Remembering Chabot shoot  

our scout troop would camp and hike to range with 22s bolt actions

I've shot sporting clays at Coyote Valley... but it's been a looong time.

Very cool about the scouts!  Where'd y'all camp?

It still smarts when I think about what those $*%&^'s did to the Gun Club...  truly a world-class facility.  And now an example of what the "left" can accomplish toward destroying things that "they" don't like.  :angry:

I will forever remember their argument that "lead could leach from the range and find it's way to Lake Chabot," about a mile away.  The club had been in operation for half a century, the lake 140 years with constant fishing with lead sinkers... and no discernible lead in the waters when tested.  But by golly gee, it COULD happen!  Moreover, a good excuse to get rid of those narsty gun shooters.  <_<

Home Page on the Range - Chabot Gun Club

Debate Over Chabot Gun Range

The last CHP I saw was a legion of 'em, mounted on big horses and carrying big guns... and confronting citizen lockdown protesters at the Capitol in Sacramento.

The citizens were carrying a small piece of paper with a copy of the Constitution.
So far, the cops, big horses and big guns were owning the day.

I was gonna make a humorous remark about the possible violations evident in the flatbed photo.  Know what?  I'm so flippin' sick of this 'pandemic as excuse for power grab' crap, I just get disgusted.  No longer funny.  Shall not comply!

8 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I thought it was interesting that the CHP essentially disappeared after the CoVid kicked off. I did see them in unmarked cars, which by the way, they cannot legally enforce vehicle codes in. For at least 3 weeks I never saw a CHP on any of the freeways in my area. 

Then about 3 weeks ago all the lighted freeway message signs said “Stay safe. Don’t Speed”. The next day the freeways were crawling with CHP then the next day, nothing.
A few days later there was another lighted sign message that said “Protect Essential Workers - Don’t Speed”. The next day, CHP everywhere. The day after that, nothing. 

I do not get these people...

Think about it Patriot......... they are initiating their new 'stealth' concepts.

They see you.... but you don't see them.

;)

..........Widder

Rumor around here was that Highway Patrol couldn’t give you a ticket because they had to stay 6 feet away. People found out different. :lol:

About a week ago the Mich state police caught a guy doing 180 , they didn’t say what he was driving. I’m guessing you go straight to jail for that much over , I believe it was in a 55 zone 

An old country song.

You might outrun my old Chevrolet

But you can't outrun my old two-way

I wear a hat just like a Mountie

I'm the sheriff of Boone County

And you're in a heap of trouble boy

Archived