SASS Wire Forum

Space Force!

I didn't realize this is about the T.V. show.  The real USSF is looking for good men and women.  I would apply, but fear I am 51 years too old! Couldn't pass a physical at this point, anyway! :( 

Stay well, Pard!

8 hours ago, Trailrider #896 said:

I didn't realize this is about the T.V. show.  The real USSF is looking for good men and women.  I would apply, but fear I am 51 years too old! Couldn't pass a physical at this point, anyway! :( 

Stay well, Pard!

Well, if you aint had the kung flu yet, they may have to take you.  Go sign up!

I admit that it bothers me that a cadet has stars and/or bars on their uniforms as though they are some high ranking officer.

and they all have good teeth..... :D

..........Widder

I find the whole concept amusing.

And expensive.:unsure:

I’m thinking the black uniform...will never fly. So to speak.

40 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I admit that it bothers me that a cadet has stars and/or bars on their uniforms as though they are some high ranking officer.

and they all have good teeth..... :D

..........Widder

Officers of the Corps of Cadets.

USAFA Cadet Rank Insignia

15 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I thought the Space Force was a split off from the Air Force.  I wonder why they are using Navy officer rankings.

Admiral JamesT. Kirk

Capt Picard

Ensign Chekov

etc etc etc

I maintain that without Syfy movies and tv shows we would never have even think about a Space Force.

18 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I thought the Space Force was a split off from the Air Force.  I wonder why they are using Navy officer rankings.

The Air Force split from the army and they have Airmen....or are they Airpersons now? 

24 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Where will they put Space Force Academy?

Right next to the Marine Corps Academy. :P

10 hours ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Stay well, Pard!

Why would you need a physical?  Aren't we weightless in space?  

I may be Old (58), Overweight (300lbs, 0 in space), can't hear well, bad eyesight, (trifocals) But I still can make electronic stuff work.

Sign me up, just don't give a red shirt and I want a Phaser and a Disrupter just in case.:D:P:angry:

3 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Admiral JamesT. Kirk

Capt Picard

Ensign Chekov

etc etc etc

I maintain that without Syfy movies and tv shows we would never have even think about a Space Force.

Hmppt!   Where's my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator?

MD1TPe.jpg

5 hours ago, Major Crimes said:

We have our first rocket prototype ready.

download (1).jpg

That’s what I use for simulation training. I dig deep and use some of the universal boy sounds to make the experience more realistic.

Universal boy sounds: those sounds used by boys around the planet to simulate action and adventure scenarios to make play more realistic and fun.

Ok, so in all seriousness, the Space Force is a real thing -- I work for them in my Monday-Friday job.  The uniforms, ranks, insignia, etc. have not been determined and they are simply wearing their Air Force accoutrements for the time being.  

11 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Where will they put Space Force Academy?

It's the Air Force academy, Colorado Springs.  The Space Force is a separate service under the Department of the Air Force, just like the Marine Corps is under the Department of the Navy and uses their academy.  One secretary, two service chiefs.  

12 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

The Space Force *IS* a split off from the Air Force.  No rank structure or insignia has been determined and everything you see in this thread is satire.  

1 minute ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

Ok, so in all seriousness, the Space Force is a real thing -- I work for them in my Monday-Friday job.  The uniforms, ranks, insignia, etc. have not been determined and they are simply wearing their Air Force accoutrements for the time being.  

Understand that!  But I guarantee we’re not the only people poking fun with them, just like we do with all the other services.

Archived