SASS Wire Forum

New Toy

My stimulus $$$

Ruger .22 MK-IV stainless grip frame with Hogue wraparound rubber grips.

The upper and ALL the internals, trigger and hammer included, are Volquartsen.  Barrel is 6".

The red dot site is a Leopold-Gilmore red dot site.

The end cap is the thread protector (and muzzle protector), of which I prefer over a muzzle brake.   I ain't crazy about muzzle brakes, especially on a .22 pistol.

This thing is accurate and so sweet to shoot.   Its a step above the S&W model 41.   Heck, its probably a step above most anything

else on the market that I am aware.

..........Widder

96B35813-4022-47DA-8177-51F09CB7A149.thumb.jpeg.a19eeebfe6dd5c1b91b242c27e5b3217.jpeg

The classic Model 41 still looks prettier, sorry. I still prefer bluing and wood.

1 hour ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Trigger looks like one from a squirt gun. :rolleyes:

37 minutes ago, DocWard said:

The classic Model 41 still looks prettier, sorry. I still prefer bluing and wood.

13 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

BUT-BUT-BUT-BUT that ain't cowboy!

Abilene:  thats the trigger stop  (allen screw)

Doc:  I like the model 41.  I've owned about 6 or 7 of them thru the years and still own 1.  They are nice.   But this baby

sure makes it a joy to burn up lots of ammo...... and hit the target more often.

p.s. - their prices are comparable.

Kid:  I agree..... But, But, But..... we've seen lots of pics of Cowboy guns.   I thought I would post a nice pic of what 'Nancy' bought me... :lol:

..........Widder

3 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Doc:  I like the model 41.  I've owned about 6 or 7 of them thru the years and still own 1.  They are nice.   But this baby

sure makes it a joy to burn up lots of ammo...... and hit the target more often.

p.s. - their prices are comparable.

I'm not saying it isn't worth the price, or nice looking, only that subjectively, I have a preference for a Model 41. Of course, since mine is capable of better accuracy than I am, I don't have a need for something else. Also, I'm biased because mine was a gift from my late father-in-law when Mrs. Doc and I got engaged, so the price is moot. I will admit I'd like a Ruger Mark IV Standard with the tapered 6" barrel, with a few upgrades, though! I still prefer that over the bull barrels.

Did any of you think 'Nancy' will appreciate how I spent my Stimuli bucks?

;)

I think its money well spent...... both times.   (one of my favorite lines from Lonesome Dove).

..........Widder

Widder ,,, Take ten steps back slowly ,,,, stop and consider the error of your Ways .... 

Ya need to clear your head of foolish thoughts ,,, and Fill your lungs with the healing balm of Holy Smoke ....

Come to the Dark side ....

Jabez Cowboy

In my best Jerry Clower voice. Oooooooh! That's forever more purty! 

In my best Tennessee Williams voice. How come the likes of you want an accurate pistol for?

In my best Hardpan Curmudgeon voice.

I need to move to TN!

Jabez, my friend,

I don't know what its like in Canada.   But down here in E.Tennessee (and the South), shooting .22 rifles and pistols is a fairly common

past time for those who enjoy shooting.   AND, its even enjoyed periodically by those who don't shoot much.

I live next to a sizable farm, of which I venture over and 'plink' all the time.   Its not unusual to burn up 300-500

rounds in an afternoon.   Sometimes, a Starling, Crow, Groundhog or Mud Turtle in the pond will venture into my

sights in order for me to exercise my 'freedom of expression'.  :lol:

I've never had even ONE of those critters cry out expressing they wish I had shot them with BP...... :lol::lol:

..........Widder

Widder;

They is lying to U ,,,, just like TW ...

All thems little critters want to go out in a smoke Show ...

So ,,,,, When's  Ya going going to allow them their Freedom of expression ....<_<

Asides it would help ta keep Ya humble if ya missed now and again !!! :wacko:

Now that's Ya's Retired ,,, When Ya coming up here ta learn about da West Shoot some great Shoots  and Pan a little Gold ...

Jabez Cowboy

Really easy to make your own BP 22 long rifles.

Buy primed cases, Yes they are available.

Get a .22 cal bullet mould that drops light weight gas checked bullets. Use them like a healed bullet

Fill case with 4F powder.

Seat bullet and compress powder.

Load them up and blast away.

21 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Did any of you think 'Nancy' will appreciate how I spent my Stimuli bucks?

;)

That is a darn site more entertaining than us sending it right back to the IRS for taxes.

Archived