SASS Wire Forum

Drinks on me today.

Great news! Hope his recovery is quick. 

Make mine a Jameson Black Barrel, neat.

Beefeater and tonic water for me, unless you have some Bushmills Black Label.

Thank you and I will have a Sarsaparilla Float with some of that ice cream the Nursifying Nuns made just a bit ago. :D

Make sure the half you put on my tab is the good stuff, Tyrel. :)

10 minutes ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

I missed it.  What happened to him?

Back surgery yesterday. Had a herniated disc pressing on my spinal cord. Seems like surgery is the in thing here in the Saloon. Perro Del Diablo neglected to mention his surgery. I think he needs a Vicodin with a sweet tea, Bottles. :D

5 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Back surgery yesterday. Had a herniated disc pressing on my spinal cord. Seems like surgery is the in thing here in the Saloon. Perro Del Diablo neglected to mention his surgery. I think he needs a Vicodin with a sweet tea, Bottles. :D

That's not as bad as it could have been!  Glad you're on the mend.  

I think I'm probably the youngest patron on this board, and I'm 43.  My prior military and law enforcement lives (still military, but part-time) have caused me to reach that point in life when everything starts hurting.  I suppose it's all downhill from here!

I’ll have a shot of rye thanks! Here’s to Pat! Get well soon!

33 minutes ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

I think I'm probably the youngest patron on this board, and I'm 43.  My prior military and law enforcement lives (still military, but part-time) have caused me to reach that point in life when everything starts hurting.  I suppose it's all downhill from here!

I was 46 when I finally retired from the Guard. One of the reasons I did was because I realized my body wasn't up to being a medic in a combat arms unit at the level I expected it to be. The aches and pains were very real. I still lead an active life, running 5Ks when I can, biking and, of course, Karate. In part, I'm thankful for the military time because it forced me to stay in shape, and made me appreciate what my body could do when I did. On the other hand, today there are pains and maladies I wouldn't have faced had I not been in the military.

45 minutes ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

My sons are older than you!! One will be 50 in October the other is 52!!! :o

34 minutes ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

I was a little apprehensive about this surgery, but my doctor having 30 years experience helped my apprehension.

Well, when I was your age...I can't believe I am saying that...I was pretty banged up at that point. I didn't have the bike accident damage and the left knee partial replacement, but, as things went at the time, I was already on a fast downhill pace. Now at 59 I am pretty tore up and I am overweight. So, my plan is to get back on the workout wagon and possibly try out some Yoga. 

Always remember:

• Ibuprofen is your friend.
  • When you decide you might be too old for something, step back, think about it. If it appears doable then do it anyway.
  • Just because you look older is no reason for acting older. If your body feels old, don't let it go to your head. In my mind I am 25 years old...until I look in a mirror. ;)
  • In your 40's you can still bounce. After 49 bounces are more "flop" like. 

6 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Always remember:

• Ibuprofen is your friend. Makes a handy combination with Tylenol
  • When you decide you might be too old for something, step back, think about it. If it appears doable then do it anyway. Absolutely. Other than being a medic, I've yet to run into something I have thought I was too old for. Heck, even being a medic, I just wasn't up to it for extended times (deployment) at the level I needed to be.
  • Just because you look older is no reason for acting older. If your body feels old, don't let it go to your head. In my mind I am 25 years old...until I look in a mirror. ;) I have to grow old, I refuse to grow up. I want and need to keep learning, to stay active and to have fun. Again, I agree entirely.
  • In your 40's you can still bounce. After 49 bounces are more "flop" like. That's why you do martial arts, dance, or even yoga, so you can learn to roll.

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I like unsweetened tea

I'll have what Pat had, one Sarsaparilla Float thank you.

3 hours ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

It only gets worse with time. 

Archived