SASS Wire Forum

Mother's Day this Sunday

Since this Sunday is Mother's Day.  I want us to remember the woman that was our Mother.

My, mother loved me unconditionally, only as a mother could love a son.  Next to my wife, my mother is and was the most important woman in my life.  She raised me, made my shirts, mended my pants, held my hand, spanked me when I was bad, picked me up when I fell, kissed my boo-boos, listened to my problems, encouraged me when I failed, held me when I was broken, prayed for me always, never once stopped loving me.

For Mother's day,  share the woman who was a mother most to you.  Please.

My Mommy.

xBjfeD.jpg

Mom & Dad

xhmqAn.jpg

Miss you Mommy.

1 hour ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

My, mother loved me unconditionally, only as a mother could love a son.  Next to my wife, my mother is and was the most important woman in my life.  She raised me, made my shirts, mended my pants, held my hand, spanked me when I was bad, picked me up when I fell, kissed my boo-boos, listened to my problems, encouraged me when I failed, held me when I was broken, prayed for me always, never once stopped loving me.

I couldn't have said it any better.

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting, eyeglasses, indoor and closeup

Love you mom.

Mom and Dad 1937 Happy Mother's Day Mom! 

She passed in 1996

IMG_1518.JPG

She got married at 15, had her first child at 16 (lost that child, a girl), then had myself and my brother.  She adopted another son in the early 70s.  Mom worked up until the day they called me from her job and said something was wrong with her.  I took her straight to a hospital, and she was diagnosed with a brain tumor.  Just over 6 months later, she was gone, having never retired from work.  

She's been gone 14 years now, and I think of her every day.  

Love you and miss you, Mom.  

mom.jpg

I need to scan some more photos. This is the newest one I have on my PC. She's in the back, my grandfather on the left, my great grandmother on the right, and my brother in front. If you look closely, you can see that the photo was taken in Fairfield, Il. It was around 1942.

Mom, Grandpa, Grandma, Steve.JPG

Archived