SASS Wire Forum

Federal Court Enjoins MA Gun Store Closure Order

Finally !!!!!

BOSTON (May 7, 2020) ­— Today, United States District Court Judge Douglas P. Woodlock issued an injunction against bans on the operation of firearm and ammunition retailers imposed by Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker and others. The case was brought by individuals seeking to purchase firearms and ammunition, retailers, and advocacy organizations Second Amendment Foundation (SAF), Commonwealth Second Amendment (Comm2A), and Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC).

Thank You, 2nd A Foundation.  Once again, the 2nd A Foundation is doing what the NRA promises to do, but fails to do.

Now, will the Governor appeal?

LL

4 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Finally !!!!!

Thank You, 2nd A Foundation.  Once again, the 2nd A Foundation is doing what the NRA promises to do, but fails to do.

Now, will the Governor appeal?

LL

IMOH the 2A foundation has been out ahead of the NRA for about 8 years now. While I’m thankful for the 2A foundation it’s sad what the NRA ILA has become 

Agree with the sentiment that the NRA is conspicuously absent here.

Hmmm.

Wayne too busy yachting? Golfing?

5 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

Agree with the sentiment that the NRA is conspicuously absent here.

Hmmm.

Wayne too busy yachting? Golfing?

The NRA did sign on to one of the amicus briefs that was filed in this matter; any leadership role was conspicuously absent.

My sense is that LaPierre has subverted the purpose and goals of the NRA to his own self-interest.  Unless someone inside the group is able to displace him, it will be up to competing groups to lead the fight.

LL

2 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

The NRA did sign on to one of the amicus briefs that was filed in this matter; any leadership role was conspicuously absent.

My sense is that LaPierre has subverted the purpose and goals of the NRA to his own self-interest.  Unless someone inside the group is able to displace him, it will be up to competing groups to lead the fight.

LL

+1. The NRA is not only not on the cutting edge of the 2A fight, they are nowhere near the blade of the knife.

2 hours ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

+1. The NRA is not only not on the cutting edge of the 2A fight, they are nowhere near the blade of the knife.

Exactly! Any spare Chang I have will go to the people in the trenches not the REMF NRA! :angry::FlagAm:

On 5/8/2020 at 5:09 AM, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

LL

I’ve noticed they seem to take a small action every time the 2a foundation takes the lead so they can take credit for acting if theres a good outcome. Their starting to operate like politicians 

Was GOA involved at all? They seem to be another staunch ally.

So, what are WE doing to fix the NRA? Bi***ing accomplishes Nothing!

I recently wrote them an email regarding their lack of enthusiasm. I have not received an answer, but at least I sounded off.

I recently joined the Firearms Policy Coalition, but I will not give up on the NRA.

By the way, the leftists in media and government love seeing the NRA in this condition. They think the NRA is on the ropes. Unless GOA, FPC, et. al. get a lot bigger with a bigger war chest than the NRA then there will be a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth should everyone give up on the NRA. 

9 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

So, what are WE doing to fix the NRA? Bi***ing accomplishes Nothing!

I recently wrote them an email regarding their lack of enthusiasm. I have not received an answer, but at least I sounded off.

I recently joined the Firearms Policy Coalition, but I will not give up on the NRA.

By the way, the leftists in media and government love seeing the NRA in this condition. They think the NRA is on the ropes. Unless GOA, FPC, et. al. get a lot bigger with a bigger war chest than the NRA then there will be a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth should everyone give up on the NRA. 

Most of us have only one way to be effectively heard.....by changing how we contribute.  For years, I justified ever-increasing levels of NRA membership, as well as responding to special requests for funds, with the rationale that the NRA was the only effective voice for our 2nd A freedoms.  I believe that is no longer true.  I will no longer fund the NRA.  My contributions will go to the Second Amendment Foundation.

LL

3 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

I will no longer fund the NRA.  My contributions will go to the Second Amendment Foundation.

That’s a shame. The NRA has burned many bridges. 

On 5/8/2020 at 5:09 AM, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

LL

Oliver North tried...

Where is LaPierre's letter that his two page article said was coming?

Archived