SASS Wire Forum

Polish Cappers

Will Kane

3 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

Ordered one early this morning couple of hours later got an email that it shipped.  Gotta love it.

I think you'll like it.

I like mine, even if I've only played with it around the house.

41 minutes ago, Chief Rick said:

I think you'll like it.

I like mine, even if I've only played with it around the house.

I'm going to try my hand at Frontiersman, I can't get much slower so why not :D

You in the USA?

13 minutes ago, Tequila Shooter said:

I'm going to try my hand at Frontiersman, I can't get much slower so why not :D

You in the USA?

I'm not.  Locked down in the land of pizza.

Been teleworking for over a month.  Secluded in a hotel room.

Wish I were still at home working in a shipyard.

49 minutes ago, Chief Rick said:

I'm not.  Locked down in the land of pizza.

Been teleworking for over a month.  Secluded in a hotel room.

Wish I were still at home working in a shipyard.

Stay well Brother.  Look forward to seeing you when you get back.

Why had they stopped shipping to the US ? I purchased one early on, it’s a fine unit!

When I ordered mine it took a long time to get here, US Customs held it for two weeks

1 hour ago, Cahawbakid said:

Why had they stopped shipping to the US ? I purchased one early on, it’s a fine unit!

When I ordered mine it took a long time to get here, US Customs held it for two weeks

They ship first class mail so it travels across the pond via aircraft. When all the travel restrictions went into place they stopped shipping as there were very few flights occurring for the mail to travel on. Very hard to track delivery when it is moving by slow boat.

Mine took a couple of weeks, when it arrived it was kind of neat. The envelope was covered with Polish postal stamps 

the Polish capper works really well on my 58 Remingtons. A little bit of a learning curve, but then good to go. I like that you can fully seat the cap on the nipple. 

2 hours ago, Cahawbakid said:

The Polish Capper guy told me in an email a few weeks ago that it was because the US "stopped aircraft from Europe and our Post Office stopped delivery to US". He said he could have continued delivering to the US but it would have been via slow boat across the Atlantic with no tracking, and he didn't want to go there.

I agree with Hoss. The Polish Capper does have a little bit of a learning curve, but works great once you get the hang of it.

26 minutes ago, Chelsea Kid, #47400 said:

Hello the fire,

Would someone be so kind as to post a photo and then the address or link to order one.

Thanks.

Chelsea

Here's the link:  https://www.polishcappers.com/

Gonna’ have to get one of these! My Ted Cash snail capper has about played out!!

It’s worked well for going on fifteen years, so no complaints, but the Polish Capper seats the caps too! One less piece of equipment and one less step in the process...

On 5/7/2020 at 2:05 PM, Hoss said:

Mine took a couple of weeks, when it arrived it was kind of neat. The envelope was covered with Polish postal stamps 

the Polish capper works really well on my 58 Remingtons. A little bit of a learning curve, but then good to go. I like that you can fully seat the cap on the nipple. 

Did you have to do anything to the nipple pockets on your 58s to make it work? I’ve got a set of 58s that are borrowed so I don’t think Dremeling is an option!

Thanks!

Sorry about hijacking the thread!

Just now, Charlie MacNeil, SASS #48580 said:

Did you have to do anything to the nipple pockets on your 58s to make it work? I’ve got a set of 58s that are borrowed so I don’t think Dremeling is an option!

Thanks!

Sorry about hijacking the thread!

Nope, worked fine as is. It does take a bit of learning the correct angle and how to work it. After you use it 3-4 times it gets easier. 

10 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Nope, worked fine as is. It does take a bit of learning the correct angle and how to work it. After you use it 3-4 times it gets easier. 

Perfect! Thanks! I just ordered one!

Archived