SASS Wire Forum

"I just want one"

Alpo

5 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Packaging cost and the Law of SUPPLY AND DEMAND.

It's a wonder they don't realize that the silver citizens are a growing market and very few of them need enough to feed a family of five or more.  I throw away enough food every month to feed that many people.  Did you ever try to buy a single serving of anything?  Mighty slim market and I thank God for companies like Stouffer's (even though they seem to be trying to single-handedly support the broccoli farmers).

13 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Packaging cost and the Law of SUPPLY AND DEMAND.

Guess so. Looks like a little can and a smaller amount should be cheaper. I think it's the same reason a 20 oz soda costs more than a 2 litre. People will pay it.

JHC

I expected it.

When a box of 12 gauge costs $5, and a box of 410 (which uses 1/2 the shot and 1/3 the powder) costs $8, you start expecting the littler stuff to cost more.

At least the canned vegetables do not cost more then the larger ones. Great Value (Walmart) 7 ounce cans are 48¢, while the 15 oz cans are 52¢. More per ounce, definitely, but not more per can.

27 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I expected it.

When a box of 12 gauge costs $5, and a box of 410 (which uses 1/2 the shot and 1/3 the powder) costs $8, you start expecting the littler stuff to cost more.

At least the canned vegetables do not cost more then the larger ones. Great Value (Walmart) 7 ounce cans are 48¢, while the 15 oz cans are 52¢. More per ounce, definitely, but not more per can.

Not so anywhere I shop. I burned up a lot of .410 shells in my youth. Never figured that one out either. Oh well.

JHC

Archived